wild boar moving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crappieslayer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone with wild boar on their leases notice any hog activity during the day yet?

so far the boar have been moving at night on my lease,mabe with the cooler weather,they will begin to move more during the day.

Calling for cooler weather this Monday and Tuesday,might be a good time for me to do some hog hunting again over the corn feeder, hopefully the hogs have found the corn by now,it's been over a month now that I put the feeder out!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so sure about the moon, at least at this time of year, I think they are moving more according to temperature. Pigs don't sweat, so any time that sun is out just about, they're gonna be parked in the shadiest, thickest, wettest place they can find. I see them out most every morning before sun up, but they are on their way out of the pasture heading back to their bedding area. I finally saw them out at dusk the other evening, but most of the time they aren't getting out till after dark. I'd say early morning before the sun rises is your best bet. If they've found your feeder and are not disturbed much, they are probably hittin it every night... and running off your deer, hehe.

Post some pics if you get one!

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree about the moon, and I hunt the moon on almost everything I hunt....but on the other hand r00s7a is correct. How animals PREFER to move and how animals HAVE to move in order to stay alive determines more of their movements.
What I am saying is, although they would probably like to move more in different moon phases, the fact they need to lay back in the cool wet shade is more important than moving just because the moon is straight above or below them.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somehow I see this turning into a moon phase debate...

I don't doubt that moon phases affect animals somehow, but I think there are other factors that affect them more, such as weather, hunting pressure, barometric pressure, etc. And after doing an hour of looking on the internet, I can't really find even one study that either proves OR disproves a correlation between animal movement and moon phases. Sounds like you can find evidence to support either theory, or you can find evidence to disprove either theory, but nothing concrete on either. I don't really have my mind up either way... yeah, I think there may be something to it, but on the other hand...eh. If ya'll have any evidence either way, spill it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The moon tells me to get my lazy self outa bed,
but the sun is fryin' my ass.
Besides which there's a guy out there named
Rooster, and he's nothing but a big meanie who
wants to hurt a piggie wiggie.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My dad has been out hunting pigs all week and has only seen one in the evening. It seems funny because a month ago we had them all over us. So it would seem that they are doing the nocturnal thing. I do wonder if the dry weather pushed them into the swapey areas? We put a pretty good licking on them last time we where there so pressure might have something to do with it. hunting Tishomingo area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom