wild pigs and brucellosis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was picking my deer up at Wild Country meat market in Hominy Saturday, and was talking to one of the owners about processing wild hogs. He told me that four out of five wild hogs in Oklahoma have brucellosis. I knew that wild hogs can carry this, but never heard of that kind of number. Anybody know if this is true?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All kinds of ruminants carry it. They call it Bangs in the cattle business and it's serious stuff.
Do any of our resident Vets read the Hunting/Fishing Forum?

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He told me that four out of five wild hogs in Oklahoma have brucellosis. I knew that wild hogs can carry this, but never heard of that kind of number. Anybody know if this is true?

if 4 out of 5 have it in oklahoma then just go hunt some in texas.. problem solved.. joking, however I do have land outside of abilene tx and was planning on hunting some hogs there within the next few weeks but after hearing this makes me wonder if worth the risk.. would be great to know if this is really such a high number.

Latest posts

Top Bottom