Wildlife Management kills 40,000 to 60,000 crows with bombs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Full episode.

I just saw this segment on Outdoor Oklahoma. I'm guessing, according to the automobile, it's from the late thirties?

One stick of dynamite and 6 pounds of shot per bomb hung in roosting trees during the daytime. When the crows roost at night... BOOOM!

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was a kid I heard it said from the old timers they sis it that way or something similar over here at Ft. Cobb to the crows.

I haven’t seen Outdoor Ok. yet, I’ll have to watch it.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a cabin on Ft. Cobb lake that was in the area known as "Crow's Roost" There was a large tree row running north and south about 500 yards west of my cabin. When the crows would come in for roost there were "streams" of them coming from several directions that lasted for hours and the noise was tremendous. The area around the north end of the lake was mostly peanut farms and the farmers had carbide cannons that would go off automatically to scare them off the fields.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the cannons. We live east of the lake but had a lot of peanut fields around here. The cannons were going off constantly, I’d like to see the propane bills for them with todays prices.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I visited Hilo Hawaii our hotel was next to the bay and the ocean and had a grove of trees that were the roost to a Myna bird. Jeebus H. Christ them suckas were noisy and you would think after an hour or two of socializing, they would shut up. Oh hell no, they were squawking way past 1 a.m. It was a constant din for at least 6 hours.

1656853368381.jpeg

1656853530504.jpeg

1656853612596.jpeg

I was mad because every photo I took of the birds they had their beaks shut.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hunted crows at Ft Cobb in the 60's
My old model 97 Winchester Bruised my shoulder up so I couldnt use it at school on Monday. My dad, the boy scout leaders, several men from the Hennessey area hunted it heavy for many years

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I visited Hilo Hawaii our hotel was next to the bay and the ocean and had a grove of trees that were the roost to a Myna bird. Jeebus H. Christ them suckas were noisy and you would think after an hour or two of socializing, they would shut up. Oh hell no, they were squawking way past 1 a.m. It was a constant din for at least 6 hours.

View attachment 283824

View attachment 283825

View attachment 283826

I was mad because every photo I took of the birds they had their beaks shut.

Possibly because they knew you were using a "shooter?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom