Will a snake keep gophers away ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day it really worked. Ace Hardware sells a rubber boot you can hook onto an exhaust pipe and tighten with a hose clamp. Other end is a garden hose attachment that connects to a 3/4" hose.

Catalytic converters only put out CO2 now, not Carbon monoxide. Your 73 chebby would have been the perfect killing machine!

ace still sold those last year.

Stoneman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day it really worked. Ace Hardware sells a rubber boot you can hook onto an exhaust pipe and tighten with a hose clamp. Other end is a garden hose attachment that connects to a 3/4" hose.

Catalytic converters only put out CO2 now, not Carbon monoxide. Your 73 chebby would have been the perfect killing machine!

Dennishoddy,

I learned this trick while working for Continental Pipeline (Cherokee) out of Ponca City. We used it to keep gophers killed off of the pipeline right-a-way and around the remote pump stations. Don't want to hijack the thread just thought you might enjoy where original idea came from.

Stoneman. deNAM. 67/68

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the 25 years I've been trapping them in my yard, I've tried every "trick", type of trap, Voodoo, whatever I could find.
Don't fall for the chewing gum thing, the smoke bombs, etc. None of that works worth a crap.
I'm betting I've trapped around 200 with this: http://www.traplineproducts.com/files/QuickSiteImages/bodyrepeat.jpg

You can also check out their videos on YouTube.

Thanks for that lead -- I just placed an order and I'm already looking forward to no mounds in my yard.

Snakes are no problem by me because I know they just mean less mice trying to get in during the winter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennishoddy,

I learned this trick while working for Continental Pipeline (Cherokee) out of Ponca City. We used it to keep gophers killed off of the pipeline right-a-way and around the remote pump stations. Don't want to hijack the thread just thought you might enjoy where original idea came from.

Stoneman. deNAM. 67/68

Very cool. I figured the concept had been around for awhile.

Stoneman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool. I figured the concept had been around for awhile.

Maybe try any gasoline burning vehicle that does not have converter on exhaust system. Prolly need to be water cooled due to temp this time of the year. Also bigger the better for max volume gas fumes. I am out of suggestions on this subject. Just wish I could remember for sure where I got the original idea. Good luck whatever you decide. They are real pests and multiply like rabbits.

Stoneman

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the 25 years I've been trapping them in my yard, I've tried every "trick", type of trap, Voodoo, whatever I could find.
Don't fall for the chewing gum thing, the smoke bombs, etc. None of that works worth a crap.
I'm betting I've trapped around 200 with this: http://www.traplineproducts.com/files/QuickSiteImages/bodyrepeat.jpg

You can also check out their videos on YouTube.

My order of a dozen of these arrived Saturday and I've set some of them this morning on fresh bomb craters. I'm off to golf and I'll check them later.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
????????????? You have a yard full of holes. You are trying to destroy the critters that make them for you. You are going to another pasture to pay to hit your balls into a hole. :smack: Do their water hazards have a good bullfrog population?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we used to have a speckled kingsnake and her offspring for a few years with no moles. have not seen her the last two years and the damn moles have had a heyday!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
????????????? You have a yard full of holes. You are trying to destroy the critters that make them for you. You are going to another pasture to pay to hit your balls into a hole. :smack: Do their water hazards have a good bullfrog population?

I'll grant you that there are times that golf makes absolutely no sense...:)... but I like it anyway!

The bullfrog population is thriving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom