Will CCW classes be altered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwcoop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted on another thread just now to the effect that HB3354 has been passed and sent to the Governor for his signature. Rep. Mike Ritze said this morning on the Pat Campbell Show (KFAQ - Tulsa) that after a lot of parliamentary procedure tactics, the open carry provision was passed and sent to the governor.

My question here is, how will this affect the CCW curriculum now? (Assuming the guv does his job and signs the bill) I know there was a lot of discussion/controversy regarding that curriculum before, and I wonder if the addition of open carry will alter it appreciably.

Just wonderin'................:uhwhat:

-jwc-

todd740

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe the bill has been passed yet, the Senate passed it on Wed. so now it goes back to the house. I've heard they plan on taking action on it on Monday.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It shouldn't affect the curriculum at all, except they may add in there that you can open carry if you wish, or, not worry about being printed or accidently exposing it (the firearm).

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
will you need the permit for open carry.

Yes. It becomes a handgun license. Manner of open carrry is also specified--can't just stick it in your waistband or drape it out of a pocket.
"Belt holster, scabbard, or case."

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes. It becomes a handgun license. Manner of open carrry is also specified--can't just stick it in your waistband or drape it out of a pocket.
"Belt holster, scabbard, or case."

Here is the text, Rod is correct.

. “Unconcealed handgun” means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried upon the person in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my question on the situation is simple - oklahoma will become handgun permits

It says it will recognize out of state concealed or unconcealed licenses. Now say I carry an out of state concealed carry license will this also allow for the open carry or what is others take on this? It is vague enough to say yes, but vague enough to say no as well

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
...now say I carry an out of state concealed carry license will this also allow for the open carry...

This may answer your question.

The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state. Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed and in plain view or fully concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued by another state. Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried unconcealed and in plain view or fully concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

I'm a little concerned about this wording. Is it the same wording used for residents with a permit? I read it as saying, we can carry either fully open, or fully concealed, but not both. In other words, a partially concealed firearm would be a violation. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Latest posts

Top Bottom