Will the Republican Senate Investigate Holder over Fast and Furious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One critical upcoming event will be the confirmation hearing for Holder's intended replacement, Loretta Lynch. To me she shapes up as another partisan political hack just like Holder, but will the Republicans cave and confirm her without much of a fight as they did with Holder?

The very forst question she should be required to answer in-depth should be whether she will run interference for Obama officials at DoS, DoJ/BATFE, IRS and the VA? Or will she perform her duties in a fair and impartial manner and cooperate with Congress in their investigations?

The most critical need from the DoJ right now is not rabble rousing in Ferguson, MO or pursuing additional 2nd Amendment infringements, it's holding bureaucratic public servants accountable for their misdeeds. The public has lost trust in government. It needs to be restored sooner rather than later. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One critical upcoming event will be the confirmation hearing for Holder's intended replacement, Loretta Lynch. To me she shapes up as another partisan political hack just like Holder, but will the Republicans cave and confirm her without much of a fight as they did with Holder?

The very forst question she should be required to answer in-depth should be whether she will run interference for Obama officials at DoS, DoJ/BATFE, IRS and the VA? Or will she perform her duties in a fair and impartial manner and cooperate with Congress in their investigations?

The most critical need from the DoJ right now is not rabble rousing in Ferguson, MO or pursuing additional 2nd Amendment infringements, it's holding bureaucratic public servants accountable for their misdeeds. The public has lost trust in government. It needs to be restored sooner rather than later. :(

One thing that the GOP still hasn't figured out is that the dims are playing the "long game". This one is far more dangerous than Holder because of her position on Voter ID laws. She's vehemently opposed to them. The dims have figured out that their only hope for the foreseeable future is to steal elections and she is an important part in achieving that end, hence her nomination. The GOP so far hasn't shown that they even understand the message they got the other night much less that they have figured out what the dims have figured out . We shall see, but I hold not much hope.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

(
If they do ask questions, it is because they are women hating racist.

Just wait and see.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will the Republican Senate Investigate Holder over Fast and Furious?

No. He's far more valuable as a talking point than he is actually being punished. As long as they can point to him and say "see, the administration thinks its above the law," he'll enjoy a comfortable retirement.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if they convicted Holder and sent him to prison, he will still get out on Obama's last day in office. He will write Holder's pardon at the same time he signs Blago's.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this thread is about a senate investigation, but I thought I would drop this here as it pertains to fast and furious and other investigations.

The House GOP on Tuesday evening named Chaffetz, a baby-faced 47-year-old finishing just his third term in Congress, to replace Darrell Issa as chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Like many who have held the watchdog post before him, the confrontational Issa used his gavel, and the subpoena power that came with it, to chase scandals and rise to national prominence. His probes into the Justice Department's Fast and Furious operation, the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS, and the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi gave headaches to the administration and help to drag down the president's approval rating.

But by the end of Issa's four-year tenure, his partisan antics were just as likely to draw eye rolls as applause from House Republicans, who believed the chairman's style often brought more negative attention to himself than to the substance of his hearings. He once prompted outrage from Democrats after turning off the microphone of their most senior committee member at a hearing, and Speaker John Boehner's decision to reverse himself and appoint a select committee on Benghazi was seen as a move designed, in part, to take the matter out of Issa's purview.

Full Article:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...sight-and-Government-Reform-Committee/382940/

Latest posts

Top Bottom