Will there be mass disobedicence if Obama issues an EO gun registration or ban?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would never go into effect. The president can't make law with an EO. Clinton tried it and the courts said no. It would be stopped by the courts before it ever went into effect. Congress could also starve funding for enforcement.

But if he tried it and the courts and congress both fail in their responsibility to uphold the constitution, then there could be problems. I'm guessing states would be even more emboldened to stand up against the over reach of federal power.

boomersooner73

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come to think of it, bans on magazines by EO would be illegal. It would still take congress to pass legislation first. Anything else would get shot down in court. So, my guess is that he (they) might try and force congress to do something. Even then, his EO can be repealed by congress. Not trying to be hopeful, but trying to be logical here. Unfortunately, logic doesn't apply to this administration.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OSBI, DHS, FBI, and whomever it may concern

Do you REALLY need us all to tell you the answer?

Make sure you put the following on your spreadsheet right next to Reddog1's name:

Sack Lunch

We all want peaceful resolve.

I guess I'll pack up the war wagon and first and/or last stand B.A. with you

Latest posts

Top Bottom