Wintertime blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished mowing and weed eating. Taking a break and then trimming up the shrubs. Popping a cold Mt. Dew and then a shower. Man, I hate winter.

I'll trade you winter for summer. I hate mowing and weedeating. And I despise the heat. Today is a little extreme, but I'd trade a "typical" Oklahoma winter day (a broad statement, I know) for a "typical" Oklahoma summer day in a heartbeat.

On a day like today, you can put on enough layers and stay somewhat warm. In the middle of August, when it's 127 degrees in the shade, you can strip off butt nekid as the day you were born, and it's STILL hotter than the southside of hell.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll trade you winter for summer. I hate mowing and weedeating. And I despise the heat. Today is a little extreme, but I'd trade a "typical" Oklahoma winter day (a broad statement, I know) for a "typical" Oklahoma summer day in a heartbeat.

On a day like today, you can put on enough layers and stay somewhat warm. In the middle of August, when it's 127 degrees in the shade, you can strip off butt nekid as the day you were born, and it's STILL hotter than the southside of hell.
I've always made that same analogy all the time. We may not get very temperature hot here, but we darn sure have the blasted humidity.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished mowing and weed eating. Taking a break and then trimming up the shrubs. Popping a cold Mt. Dew and then a shower. Man, I hate winter.

Pfffttt...

...I don't do mowing and weed eating at all at any time of the year.

We live in an RV park and the park personnel do those jobs.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had better days in the past and going to have better days in just a few days to do that kind of work not getting out in it for it, need to do better planning.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pfffttt...

...I don't do mowing and weed eating at all at any time of the year.

We live in an RV park and the park personnel do those jobs.

lucky.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom