Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Collusion is done behind the back and is a close cousin to conspiracy
Nefarious comes to mind.

Negotiating is what unions do.... Offers, counter offers, agreement.

Do you pay sticker price for a car? We call it "making a deal".
If you don't want my deal you find someone who does.

The public unions set the sticker price. The politicians then must decide, do I take the deal and the votes that go with it, or do I do what is best for the taxpayers.
The trouble is that the politicians do not have the guts to refuse the deal. They know what will happen if they do. Their only option is to blame the person asking for the dollars and to hope no one notices that they themselves had the powder to say no during the negotiations.

Its like suing McDonald's for being fat. That is much easier than admitting your inability to say no.

Michael

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The public unions set the sticker price. The politicians then must decide, do I take the deal and the votes that go with it, or do I do what is best for the taxpayers.
The trouble is that the politicians do not have the guts to refuse the deal. They know what will happen if they do. Their only option is to blame the person asking for the dollars and to hope no one notices that they themselves had the powder to say no during the negotiations.

Its like suing McDonald's for being fat. That is much easier than admitting your inability to say no.

Michael

I can't argue with that logic.... Tearing up my card after I post this....

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Michael

Reagan didn't have that problem with the air traffic controllers.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine in WI said if you're a state employee you're forced to pay union dues... can anyone corroborate this?

Also, why would people believe that one half of a conversation is legitimate when the other half has been faked?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma House bill takes aim at municipal collective bargaining law

A bill that would repeal the state's entire municipal employee collective bargaining act for non-uniformed workers narrowly passed a House committee Wednesday. If passed, the measure would kick out a 2004 law that allowed non-uniformed employees of cities with at least 35,000 residents to form a union.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-house-bi...article/3543404?custom_click=headlines_widget

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Labor Unions just like any other organization, even if they are pure when they start, eventually become self serving and forget who they work for. Not unlike politicians.
That doesn't change the fact that the little guy that pays for their private jets still needs them.

I agree with the principle. It doesn't do us any good whatsoever if they are "too busy" to get up off their duffs and actually do some work. In my case my attorney walked my records through personnel and got my retirement approved within two days. That was three days sooner than the union could have "found time" for me. My application was good but the union couldn't be bothered. I would have thought they'd be happy to help a member when the merits of the case were plainly seen.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the principle. It doesn't do us any good whatsoever if they are "too busy" to get up off their duffs and actually do some work.

I hear that in some shops the union itself will discipline the lazy. I also understand that there are some unions like the teachers union in NY where a member cannot be fired no matter what. They even have a separate room for teachers that are considered too incompetent to sit in while somebody else will do their work. That of course is unacceptable BS. Fortunately, this is the exception to the rule. I don't see how the city ever agreed to this kind of nonsense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom