Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[
People always want to blame someone for themselves. That is why a station like MSNBC can survive. Blame the rich man. They never ask how they got rich. People don't want to work for it, they want a handout. This is how the Dems have always got votes. Give away other people's money and then tell the takers that the Reps are going to take away "their" money. I have not seen anyone talk about where all the new money is going to come from, they just want it.
Sounds like you haven't kept up with the facts in the Wisconsin case. Probably been watching Fox. :P

The teachers have already conceded the financial issues. That's not what the protests are about.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rush is on the side of the Corporate Overlords, that's not my side.

You can take our lives... you can never take our Unions!
ai.imgur.com_Wf6e7.jpg

That's some good hyperbole right there. Of course with the way you roll it could be a rephrased quote from Limbaugh.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree.

My point is that we should err on the side of the worker; He/she is the one with the least power.

It's kinda like the whole argument over guns; They can be abused but we accept this potential abuse because a firearm helps the powerless defend themselves against the powerful.

I will always err on the little man's side.

Michael Brown

Do you think that the worker should have more power the the person who stated the business?
As far as guns, we have people in power now who blame the guns and will do all they can to take them. Alot of those anti-gunners were put in office by unions.
I have friends and family that work for unions. I have seen some hard workers, and I have seen the guys who will not lift a finger at break time.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have friends and family that work for unions. I have seen some hard workers, and I have seen the guys who will not lift a finger at break time.

it sounds like... shock of shocks... that the truth of the matter is somewhere in between the rhetoric of the two sides.

nothing like polarization to move America forward.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[

Sounds like you haven't kept up with the facts in the Wisconsin case. Probably been watching Fox. :P

The teachers have already conceded the financial issues. That's not what the protests are about.

"If I can't make ends meet, who do I blame." This is what I answered. You must not have read the post, but thats ok. I was not talking about the teacher and I was not watching Fox.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Wisconsin (in or near Madison) for 22+ years. The Wisconsin Teachers Union and Madison Teachers, Inc (another union) are the 2 worst unions in the state as far as holding local school districts hostage by threatening to strike, etc, etc.

Wisconsin teacher pay was and probably still is in the top 10 in the nation (at least when I lived there, 1979-2003).

I have no sympathy for them.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think that the worker should have more power the the person who stated the business?

Please point out where I stated an employee should have more power than an employer.

I am merely stating that employers should be accountable when they violate an employee's contract and no one holds them accountable except unions.

As far as guns, we have people in power now who blame the guns and will do all they can to take them. Alot of those anti-gunners were put in office by unions.

Unions have considerably less power than corporations.

Corporations are organizations of the powerful. Unions are a collective of the powerless to help them keep from being trampled by the powerful.

If you really believe that a bunch of workers have more stroke in this country than CEO's, they really have you bamboozled.

Michael Brown

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unions have considerably less power than corporations.

Michael Brown

You have got to be kidding. Unions have led to the demise of several once great companies. For example, GM, Chrysler, and several states are on the brink of bankruptcy due to the union wages and benefits. What they ask for is not sustainable in the long term and it is becoming ever more apparent. Everything is here and now for them. They could care less about the long term health of the companies that actually pay their wages.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding. Unions have led to the demise of several once great companies. For example, GM, Chrysler, and several states are on the brink of bankruptcy due to the union wages and benefits. What they ask for is not sustainable in the long term and it is becoming ever more apparent. Everything is here and now for them. They could care less about the long term health of the companies that actually pay their wages.

The sky is indeed plaid........:rolleyes2

When CEO's can convince Americans that workers and not mis-management are at fault, we are in trouble.

Michael Brown

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my take has always been that the unions cause artificial inflation of the pay and benefits that would normally find their own level based on all of the factors that should matter such as education requirements, skill and demand

i'm agin' them

Latest posts

Top Bottom