Wisconsin protest, a sign of things to come?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is now lots of them are NOT lawyers. Consequently, we end up with stupid, poorly crafted laws that land us in Federal Court.

And BillyBob for all your talk about the Constitution, your questions here, and in other threads, show you really don't understand it. I don't necessarily mean that as an insult. You just ask some really bizzare questions and make unrealistic off-the-wall pronouncements.

Who sits on the Juvenile Law Reform Committee? Judges and even lawyers with financial interest in the courts through contract.
The problems in the Juvenile courts have brought us the Fed. class action suit that is projected to cost at least $10mi. in legal fees alone, interesting to note that some in the Juvenile Law committee are also involved in bringing the suit against the state.
There is also the Rader suit in Tulsa that resulted in a Fed. take over of that part of the Juvenile System. The issues in the Rader situation are connected to the audit of the OCCY regarding millions in questionable contracts and revealed the "ghost children" in the Juvenile System and the "ghost employees" in the state Health Dept. who were said to be family of state legislators.

As for your opinion of my understanding of the Constitution, well apparently lawyers and judges disagree on that too at times or we wouldn't see the overturns on Constitutional issues or removal of unconstitutional laws like the GAL statute in the Kelly Divorce case a couple of years ago.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
BillyBob, obviously you have issues with and strong feelings about judges, courts, juvenile, etc.

Don't you realize that if the current Legislature gets its way, your right to redress wrongs in civil court will be vastly diminished? Your ability to call out the corrupt and make them pay will be taken away from you?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BillyBob, obviously you have issues with and strong feelings about judges, courts, juvenile, etc.

Don't you realize that if the current Legislature gets its way, your right to redress wrongs in civil court will be vastly diminished? Your ability to call out the corrupt and make them pay will be taken away from you?

Regardless of any issues or feelings I may have I am presenting things that are already documented and proven. They are also issues that have and are costing everyone.

As for tort reform we have little if any ability to seek redress from the Gov. for violations now, it's a joke.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

From what I have seen, your right to sue someone and become stinking rich will be diminished some, but that is about all. No losing rights, no getting shafted by the man, just getting things more under control before everyone but the lawyers is broke.

I have to admit I am enjoying the scare tactics the legal beagles are using.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the oil thing is concerned, I have a theory- We have been purposely been using up the middle-east's oil in order to drain it, once it is drained, they will be of no use to anyone and can go back to being the a big sand trap. We, on the other hand, will still have oil in the ground. I am sure this is not the case, but it isn't a bad idea.....

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the oil thing is concerned, I have a theory- We have been purposely been using up the middle-east's oil in order to drain it, once it is drained, they will be of no use to anyone and can go back to being the a big sand trap. We, on the other hand, will still have oil in the ground. I am sure this is not the case, but it isn't a bad idea.....

And it's only costing us $3/Gal, what a bargain.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If employers were fair you wouldnt need Unions....but its nice to have a contract ...kinda like the Constitution...a Set of Rules.
Ive worked Union for many years and let me tell you..if you dont/cant/wont put out...i.e....do your job ..you wont last long.

Right and wrong. Like I said in my earlier post: I've seen the "30 year" guys do diddly and get away with it....and they are typically the big union cheerleaders, who are also quick to file a grievance for anything and everything. They only remain employed because of the union.

Again, yes and no; if some employers were fair, you wouldn't need unions. But again, a few years ago where I work, one of their biggest customers went on strike (nothing like forcing a company to pay higher wages during a recession) and the people where I work were faced with reduced work hours or layoffs. Guess which side went which way? The older union guys tried to force layoffs on the younger union workers so they could keep their 40 hours and also get overtime! The company held out so that they all could keep their jobs, but only work a 32 hour work week. Yeah, so much for that "brotherhood" bullsh*t.

I'm sure there's good unions and bad unions, but what I've seen since I've been at this job doesn't give me a good impression of them, their leadership, or their senior members.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd file a complaint with the Department of Labor at both the State and Federal level. It doesn't cost anything to do so and they are the protectors of issues like these which amount to 'unpaid wages'.

Don't need a union to enforce simple contract law or emplyment and wage law. In most cases, you should be able to recover additional money to cover the cost of an attorney should you need one if they are found to be in willful violation of the law.

Good luck, hope she gets paid for it.
Interesting....

Most people on this forum want to get the gov out of their lives totally, not rely on it.
And the DoL is one of the gov entities they would like to see eliminated.

Why do we have a department of labor anyway?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
can't believe I read this entire thread :uhh:

can't comment about Wi...
but in OK... IMHO ... ALL of you are barking up the wrong tree.

problems is not what we pay our teachers, fireman, policeman, etc.
it's the ridiculous waste of our TAX-PAYER resources is why the state is broke.

prime example: someone getting locked up for TEN years over selling 2-3 joints of Pot ($31). with NO prior.

not only do we the tax payer get to pay for her incarceration... we now get to pay to support her FOUR children. Note the mom is not a non-functioning crackhead... just plain DUMB! Turning a gainfully employed DUMB person into a convict over 2-3 joints of Pot is just plain crazy.

Can you say STUPID?
the DA and Judge should be FIRED!!!

-----------------

$31 of pot gives mom 10-year-prison, No prior

Ten years for selling 2-3 joints of pot is ridiculous!!!!
but not in Oklahoma, who locks up the most women in the World!

What a waste of resources ... looks like we the tax payers get to pay private prisons HUGE $$$$ to lock her up for TEN years.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113139

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This hypothesis pops up once in a while, mostly when people are at a loss to understand why their own government will do this to them.
It has more to do with keeping the oil prices high and increasing profits, there is official proof to that.
Logically, it makes no sense to allow the country to go bankrupt to save our oil for later, considering that we have more oil than anybody else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom