Wish I could find the “plumber” who did this II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in residential construction. You have to be very careful who you hire to do remodel or work on your home. Plenty of terrible work going on and people paying lots for it too. I’ve seen sooo much stuff like that plumbing under the tub.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At
I doubt it was a real plumber. All this nonsense was done before we bought the house. They installed a drop in tub, installed like an alcove. So it leaked. Best part, instead of moving the drain, they hooked up to the old shower drain. (We assume it was a shower). They ran the drain uphill to get to it. It had a two inch rise.
They tied the 12/2 “20 amp dedicated” feed for the pump to an outlet in the room next door. They also installed the tub an inch away from the wall, then hid it by installing real wainscoting. It’s just so stupid.”
View attachment 319729

At least you didn't find what I did when I ripped out the old shower and tub.

This is the original fuse box with the guts removed and they just tied in to it and then buried it behind the shower. No sheetrock, no cover, just the thin shower surround keeping the water out for the last 30 years.

20190313_130818.jpg
20190313_130513.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of my own stories -- the most recent left me with a gaping hole in the wall (thank God it's in the closet) and wants me a thousand more than he has already gotten outta me. I don't think so ... My conversation with his wife on the 28th is gonna be VERY interesting when she comes by to pick up my first payment. (He is going to conveniently be in Cali ....)

I've had it with these assholes. Any of you guys recommend a YouTube video or two on sheet rock and bed and taping?? 🤷😂 Yep I'm serious. **** these bastards. I can't do any water than the ******* "professionals" ... 🙄

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of my own stories -- the most recent left me with a gaping hole in the wall (thank God it's in the closet) and wants me a thousand more than he has already gotten outta me. I don't think so ... My conversation with his wife on the 28th is gonna be VERY interesting when she comes by to pick up my first payment. (He is going to conveniently be in Cali ....)

I've had it with these assholes. Any of you guys recommend a YouTube video or two on sheet rock and bed and taping?? 🤷😂 Yep I'm serious. **** these bastards. I can't do any water than the ******* "professionals" ... 🙄
Sheetrock patching is pretty simple. It’s matching textures and doing good enough mud-work to make it look like it never happened that’s the tricky part. Unfortunately inexperienced folks tend to have a hard time making it actually look good.

Simplest solution if it’s just in a closet is buy some cheap thin plywood, cut it to size, overlay the patch, paint to match. Much much easier than messing with tape/mud

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh, the things I've seen.

amazing the things some people will try to "make work"
especially those claiming to be Pros.

Mom was complaining about kitchen sink. She had had a garbage disposal put in a month earlier, Didn't want to mess up "my vacation". I ended up crawling under the house.

Jackwad had used the flex hose off a vacuum cleaner to snake around floor joist to hook up the drain.

of course, she didn't have his name or number.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

how big is the hole?

you can do the patch. the texture is not hard, the matching is much harder. in a closet, close would be acceptable.

i'll check out some YT

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheetrock patching is pretty simple. It’s matching textures and doing good enough mud-work to make it look like it never happened that’s the tricky part. Unfortunately inexperienced folks tend to have a hard time making it actually look good.

Simplest solution if it’s just in a closet is buy some cheap thin plywood, cut it to size, overlay the patch, paint to match. Much much easier than messing with tape/mud
Matching knockdown and orange peel looking texture is the hardest. I love a good thin skip trowel texture for that reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom