Woman dies on the Texas Giant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would imagine it was a larger person. She should have been bumped if it didn't lock properly. I have a few more inches to loose before I go back to get on a roller coaster for that reason.

And theme parks are not for everyone. . . my wife doesn't see the point either, I have been on rides in five different states so far. But I am sure there are things others enjoy doing that I do not see the point in. If you ever thought about driving a car as fast as it can go on a race track or flying in a fighter jet then a roller coaster is probably the closest you can get to it without having a whole lot of money and taking the risks involved with either. To each their own have fun in your own way I won't knock yours if you don't knock mine, makes for a happier world.

I can take my car to Hallet for less money than going to Six Flags, and when I go around the track at Hallet, I have a steering wheel and a throttle, I get to decide where and how fast it goes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were on a roller coaster when I was a Kid in San Diego that ran out over the ocean.
A young man actually unbuckled himself to stand up and wave to somebody on the ground. His head hit a bar and killed him.

I've never been on any kind of circus ride since then. My wife loves roller coasters.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After nursing a sore back for 3 days b/c of riding the one at Frontier City, I swore off those "chiropractors friends Had the same thing on Texas Cyclone at Astroworld. That's why I don't ride 'wooden' rollercoasters. The steel tube coasters are GREAT.

Always remember, your life only depends on a 13 cent cotter pin.... You buy expensive cotter pins, just got a couple for my boat prop, got 2 for 20 cents.

To each their own have fun in your own way I won't knock yours if you don't knock mine, makes for a happier world. Yep, bungy jump, sky dive, parasail, bull ride, whatever. Enjoy

when I go around the track at Hallet, I have a steering wheel and a throttle, I get to decide where and how fast it goes. Back in 2000, there was a 35 yr Mustang Anniversary celebration at Charlotte Motor Speedway. My friend has a '68 Boss. On Sunday afternoon the track was available to those who wanted to make 'hot laps'. I talked Robert into taking the 4 laps and getting an official time slip. He was signing the 'stack' of releases to make his laps when, BAMM. A guy from Seattle was on lap 3 coming out of turn 3 in his 2000 Cobra with just 3000 miles on it (he bought it and drove to Charlotte) spun out and ate the wall. Robert ore up the paper and walked away. :crying:

Latest posts

Top Bottom