Words every son should hear from his father

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was great at many things, one of them was how to spot, identify and obtain trashy women! Benefits of having a pops in rock & roll. Course I had a front row ticket to many things one should not see at a young age. After I had my fun I settled down a bit and have been with the same great lady for 28 years. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I would have had these words when a young father. Coming out of a war, and my part time job in the Army Reserve as a Drill Sargent was to train teens how to survive when they were in combat. It was hard to break away from the routine in family life.

Down load to a couple of years ago. I asked my two sons one at a time without the other being there what they thought about growing up. I don't know, just a moment I guess.

One son almost had to be abused to mind, the other could be brought to tears with admonishment in their youth to teen years.

20+ years later, they both said they were scared the crap out of me with the Drill Sargent attitude, but knew I stood for what was right and wrong in my mind which is pretty much main stream.

They knew that if they strayed, hell was coming down on them.

I worked with some of their friends over the years, and got feed back from them. Pretty much agreed with the kids that they had to toe the line.

Recently had a little "intervention" with a grandson. Both of my kids were in attendance. It was all extremely personal trying to get him to get away from the life he was following.

I was amazed when my kids said the fear of my hell raining down on them kept them from going certain places that I wouldn't approve of.

Never thought it made an impression. I was wrong.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if you don't have a dad?

Its up to the parent to make the rules to live by. man or women. If you let kids live by their own rules, and stand by watching them develop on their own, they will live by the rules of their peers.

If a parent takes charge of their lives, they will develop in the way the parent decides.

It can be right or wrong. Depends on how the parents look at society.

Raise your kids as as supporters of the 2nd amendment, or raise them as libs.

Kids these days have nothing to look at but the outcome of the last elections. The millenniums have never seen a republican administration. They don't know anything but a liberal agenda.

If the Tea Party and Republican belt way "conservative" groups that know nothing about anything, would actually get out and talk to the People they represent, they might get at drift about what the American public is thinking.

Sadly, they won't

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good post, Telling a son your proud of him is really a big one. 44 years ago my dad told me that for the first time. It was over a bunch of other boys throwing dirt clods up against a newly painted building at the baseball field. I knew it was wrong and took off walking down the road. My Dad met me on that road after a short while in his old pickup. I never said a thing. Next day as news travels fast in a small town, Dad picked me up from school. He had heard at the coffee shop all that had went on. Mr. Gene had seen the entire thing happen and saw me walk off. My Dad told me how proud he was of me when Mr. Gene told the story in front of the men at the coffee shop that morning. Dad said, your building character and that's the first step in becoming a man.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son turned 30 today.
No we always made sure he had a good birthday when he was a kid. Taxes would wait until after we took care of him.

But anyway back on track. I wished him a happy birthday today and told him how proud I was of the man he has become.

Latest posts

Top Bottom