World's largest army, never thought of this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if china attacks us we just stop buying all the crap they make, within 2 weeks they'd be left high and dry and be walking back home. or at least till they got to the ocean then they'd be swimming

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My issue is while we are hunters, that's all we are; hunters. Hunters don't fight armies. We would have no leaders, no logistics, no supply lines, etc.

You mean to tell me you don't have a system setup to re-supply you in your stand mid-afternoon with a Gatorade and a hot meal?

If it came to this you don't think that someone would step up and be a leader? The official US military wouldn't work with "militias" to supply them and work out logistics? While at this very moment there are no leaders, supply lines, logistics you can bet your ass it'd get figured in a hurry if needed.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps he's studied history rather than watching too many movies? How about Osama bin Laden's role in the repelling of Soviet forces? How about the newly established nation of Israel being forced to defend itself against overwhelming odds? Leadership emerges in times of crisis. You don't think Americans could figure out their own version of the Ho Chi Minh trail to stay supplied?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing in history approaches what ya'll are envisioning. An actual invading army, assuming our military has been overcome, would roll the hunters of this country.

Afterward, then, yes, there would be resistance and it's effectiveness would be enhanced by a population armed as we are.

But would it be effective enough to defeat a millions strong Chinese army?

Bin Laden operated with a resistance which had been in place for hundreds of years, was armed with many weapons comparable to the Russians and was backed by the U.S.

Israel had a well-armed militant citizenry and outside help. They also weren't trying to defend a U.S. sized country.

And the Revolutionaries? They were an army and were supported by one of the major armies/navies of the world. Who's gonna be supporting us if it gets to the point where the Chinese are making assault landings on the West Coast and parachute drops all over.

My point is not that we wouldn't defend ourselves and do it well. It is that just because you have a bunch of hunters doesn't mean you have the method to defeat a modern military force. Those hunters' effectiveness would be as militias in the support of our military forces. That would be where the logistics and leadership would come from.

This is all moot. This ain't the way it's gonna happen, anyway.

Zack.S

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing ive noticed no matter of what talks of not paying the millitary and what not ive always been paid the first and fifteenth of every month

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing in history approaches what ya'll are envisioning. An actual invading army, assuming our military has been overcome, would roll the hunters of this country.

How'd that work out for us against charlie? How'd it work out for us against insurgents in Iraq? How'd it work out for us in the Afghan theater?

But would it be effective enough to defeat a millions strong Chinese army?

You think it would be millions strong by the time the U.S. military was overcome? Hardly.

Bin Laden operated with a resistance which had been in place for hundreds of years, was armed with many weapons comparable to the Russians and was backed by the U.S.

You think off the shelf rifles aren't a match for what the leftover chinese forces would have? Again...most of their toys are going to be broken at this point and again...no one has enough airpower to fight insurgencies taking place all over an area as big as the CONUS. Bin Laden's resistance wasn't nearly as well armed and well provisioned as one here would be.

Israel had a well-armed militant citizenry and outside help. They also weren't trying to defend a U.S. sized country

Nor were their "superior" attackers trying to occupy a U.S. sized country.

Who's gonna be supporting us if it gets to the point where the Chinese are making assault landings on the West Coast and parachute drops all over

If you're assuming that the Chinese would still have the ability to do this after the U.S. military was defeated then I am valid in assuming that the Canadians and Mexicans could probably lend a hand.

My point is not that we wouldn't defend ourselves and do it well. It is that just because you have a bunch of hunters doesn't mean you have the method to defeat a modern military force. Those hunters' effectiveness would be as militias in the support of our military forces. That would be where the logistics and leadership would come from.

My point is that you are completely dismissing the notion that anything but traditional warfare can bring success and ignoring many historical examples where assymetrical warfare has prevailed.

This is all moot. This ain't the way it's gonna happen, anyway.

How is it going to happen. Please share.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the original article cited some nonsense as US hunters being some kind of 'large army'. In a word, they aren't. Armies are duty built to wage war. Simply having a gun does nothing to guarantee it's effective use.

For every example of David killing Goliath, there are tens of thousands of examples of Goliath ripping David's head off and stomping his entrails into mud. The isolated occurance of success is what makes those feats so great to begin with.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you would actually read what I said - the only thing I dismiss is the notion that the hunters in this, or any other country, are gonna defeat a modern, invading army which was strong enough to defeat the U.S. military and still mount an invasion. That would mean that they had control of both the air and the sea and that our allies were not in a position to be of any assistance.

Do I believe this scenario would ever take place? No! We would have used nukes long before it got to this point. As would the Chinese. And, would Russia have just sat back and watched? Not likely. They would probably nuke us both. This country would be a hellhole and your idea of the "hunter army" doing anything other than finding enough food to live is pie in the sky.

And, to answer your question, the most likely scenario is economic and electronic war. Before this year is long gone, we may find our military subject to a $500,000,000,000 budget cut. We are well ahead of China technology, but that margin is rapidly narrowing.

China could exacerbate our already desperate financial situation through various means, including calling our debt. They push hard enough and we may be at the nuclear brink. On the other hand, our politicians may just roll over.

Our best hope is that China's bubble bursts before they get to the point where they feel they can openly challenge us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom