Would like to hear your thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,
For 25 years I wanted a Kimber 1911, in Jan. of this year I traded for a Polymer Custom, the first time I shot it I shot it a foot low! I put some awesome new sights and have helped it, but I hate the frame!!!!!!!!! Someone mentioned to me if there was something wrong with it, if I sent it back to Kimber they would replace the frame at no charge, I don't mind paying some but don't want to pay $500.00 for a frame. Has anyone on here had any dealing with Kimber and if so, what do you think.
Thanks
Greg

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,
For 25 years I wanted a Kimber 1911, in Jan. of this year I traded for a Polymer Custom, the first time I shot it I shot it a foot low! I put some awesome new sights and have helped it, but I hate the frame!!!!!!!!! Someone mentioned to me if there was something wrong with it, if I sent it back to Kimber they would replace the frame at no charge, I don't mind paying some but don't want to pay $500.00 for a frame. Has anyone on here had any dealing with Kimber and if so, what do you think.
Thanks
Greg

Why are you asking here instead of calling Kimber to begin with??:scratch:

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect the OP is looking for feedback from those who have had direct experience with Kimber customer service. Correct?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect the OP is looking for feedback from those who have had direct experience with Kimber customer service. Correct?

That's what it sounds like to me. As far as their service goes, I find it to be 50/50. Sometimes they will go above and beyond and others they don't really want to help out. Either way, they'll get back with you and answer your questions.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a foot low if pretty off for a Kimber. Have you bench tested it? Could it be you?

Do you have this problem with other guns? .45's?

Bench testing (if you already know how to do this ignore) - go to a range if you don't have the equipment and use bags or a pistol holder to hold the gun perfectly level while you pull the trigger.

also if you are shooting with a friend, have him see if you are snapping the gun down while you are shooting.

If you have some training ammo, have a friend load a mag with some real and some dummy ammo without you knowing the order he loaded the mag. shoot four or five live rounds and then come to the dummy round - see if you are jerking the muzzle down when you pull the trigger.

I apologize if you have already thought of all of this.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the help, you all are right, I was wondering how Kimber Customer service was? It no longer shoots low because I changed the sights, before I changed them I had several friends shoot it, it shoot low for everyone. The grip of the double stack is so blocky it doesn't fit my hand. Another reason I posted here was, I read somewhere that several people had problems with the polymer frames and had sent them back to Kimber and they replaced the frames with new single stack frames.
I didn't post here to make anyone mad, I just wanted to know how other had dealt with Kimber.
Thanks
Greg

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with Kimber customer service has been excellent. I have a TLE RL II that jammed--badly. They fixed it and paid the freight both ways. I am the original owner, but I do not know if that is a requirement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom