• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy WTB S&W Factory Wood Grips to fit a K Frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The revolver has a round butt however I'm seeking the style that fit over the round butt frame and once installed appear to be square frame grips. They need to be in good condition or relatively easy to refresh. Please msg me and I'll contact you, thanks much.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Those don’t grow on trees and might be a little tough to locate. Good luck on your search.
LOL, actually they DO grow on trees but yeah people must break em a lot cuz it seems like every S&W I buy has some craptastic black rubber grips on it. I have found some nice repros but the real deal is always sweeter.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
I see what you did there! I’ve had my best luck on eBay. That seller out of Thailand has some nice options. I ordered a set and the shipping time wasn’t too bad.
However, I agree that the real thing is the best option.
What pistol are you shopping grips for?

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I see what you did there! I’ve had my best luck on eBay. That seller out of Thailand has some nice options. I ordered a set and the shipping time wasn’t too bad.
It's a S&W 19-2, Ive bought grips from that fellow in Thailand and from Altamont too, both make nice grips. Ive got some really pretty ones bookmarked on Amazon but I dont think their walnut. I have a S&W Mosel 29 with factory walnut and I just think it would look great to have the 19-2 with matching factory walnut. I can find the round butt grips but I just think the square butt looks better on that K frame.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
It's a S&W 19-2, Ive bought grips from that fellow in Thailand and from Altamont too, both make nice grips. Ive got some really pretty ones bookmarked on Amazon but I dont think their walnut. I have a S&W Mosel 29 with factory walnut and I just think it would look great to have the 19-2 with matching factory walnut. I can find the round butt grips but I just think the square butt looks better on that K frame.
Are you still looking for these? I have several pair that came off of Kframe guns.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I don't think there are any wood "factory" round-to-square conversion grips, other than J frame targets and the style found on pre-war I frames like the Regulation Police.

Generally speaking, in the era of "factory" wood stocks the round butt frames were used on revolvers with barrels under 4." The idea was that shorter barreled revolvers were intended to be concealed. Anything 4" or longer had square butts. There were a few exceptions, such as the 3" square butt model 10-7.

The elimination of the square butt frames happened in the era of factory guns being primarily sold wearing rubber grips.

The inclusion of wood round/square conversion grips from the factory is relatively new to Smith & Wesson. S&W contracts third parties to make them. The majority are made by Altamont. You can often buy the exact grips from the Altamont website, lacking the S&W medallions.

All this being said, the usual disclaimer applies: There are very few "givens" with S&W. As soon as consensus is reached that S&W never did "something" an example of that very thing will appear.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I agree about the Thailand ebay seller. I got some round butt K frame grips from them and they did not disappoint. No washers on the inside but the fit and finish was as good or better than factory goncalo alves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom