• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTB: Single DIN CD head unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just checking to see if anyone has a spare single DIN CD player head unit laying around that they're not using before I attempt purchasing something else of of eBay. I recently purchased a NOS mid-90's era Pioneer Premier unit off of eBay (shown below), but the sound quality is lacking and the internal amp is running a little hotter than I'd prefer.

Something that's in both good cosmetic and fully functional condition would be required. Ideally, I'd like to find a Clarion, Eclipse, Alpine, Kenwood Excelon, or Blaupunkt unit from the mid-to-late 90's or early 2000's.

20230617_184801.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Any reason a brand new single din won't work?

Mainly, because the DAC's used in newer units are terrible. The modern designs also don't look great in a mid-to-late 80's car. IMO, the older matte black faced units look a little more at home in something that age.

Latest posts

Top Bottom