• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTB: Single DIN CD head unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
What are you putting it in? Those old slider controls have me curious.

Sig is correct. It's an '87 Turbo Coupe. Sorry I don't have better photos, but here's what it looks like.

kNHDKqt.jpeg

20230407_112149.jpg

20230617_184725.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Looks good, are you just wanting it to be period-correct I guess?

Somewhat...was shooting for at least a mid-to-late 90's unit. I honestly may just break down and buy a new Kenwood Excelon unit with Bluetooth, hands free phone, variable lighting, etc. It looks like the DAC in the KDC- X305 should be decent sounding and there's tons of EQ adjustments. I would have happily purchased a newer Alpine CDE-172BT or CDE-175BT, but they were discontinued back in 2021 with the rest of Alpine's CD capable head units. There are still NOS units for both models on eBay, but the prices are astronomical.

Last edited:

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
About to start my own project and one of the things I thought about doing was getting a new single DIN unit with bluetooth and just hiding it in the glovebox or under the seat, all I need it to do is pair with my phone lol.

Slick car though!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
About to start my own project and one of the things I thought about doing was getting a new single DIN unit with bluetooth and just hiding it in the glovebox or under the seat, all I need it to do is pair with my phone lol.

Slick car though!

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a few years since I've owned a car, so it's been nice to have a project to tinker with again. I still need to order and install a Stinger exhaust kit for it (like the one shown in the video below, only dual exit), but haven't had the spare funds recently. I really need to open up the exhaust and install an aftermarket boost valve, before deciding whether or not to upgrade the turbo. The '88's were tuned to make a little more boost than the '87s, so this one feels a a bit sluggish compared to my previous TC. Either that or driving higher HP cars for 20+ years have made me forget what having only 190 HP feels like. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom