• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Wtb wood burning stove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a good wood stove for a back up heating source for my house.

This is my Vermont Casting stove that I have had nearly 40 years now it will heat our 1800sq’ house with the central H/A fan used to distribute. Bought in Norman but not sure who a current dealer is now.
IMG_4487.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a good wood stove for a back up heating source for my house.
This is the steel stove I purchased for my 400sq’ cabin from Tractor Supply. I’ve had it almost 10 years now. It will ’bake’ you in that small space if you build a good size fire in it that’s the only source of heat for the cabin and does a really good job
IMG_0529.jpeg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
This is the steel stove I purchased for my 400sq’ cabin from Tractor Supply. I’ve had it almost 10 years now. It will ’bake’ you in that small space if you build a good size fire in it that’s the only source of heat for the cabin and does a really good job View attachment 424717

That’s a pretty big stove for 400sqft!! Lol

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Vermont Casting. We've cooked on ours too just to make sure it can function in case no electricity. Depending on what you might be cooking, you'll need some different height trivets to use too. We also have a wood stove fan for the top of the stove (Ecofan brand) that does a great job circulating some of that heat. The chrome rods hanging down on each side are glove/sock dryers. The "dcuk" is wood, so she has to be moved when we fire things up.
PXL_20231030_161340778.MP.jpg

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are those self inlet-venting through the exhaust pipe or do you need to crack a window to get some O2 into the house? I would imagine a super hot wood fire would be using up a lot of O2 to burn.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Are those self inlet-venting through the exhaust pipe or do you need to crack a window to get some O2 into the house? I would imagine a super hot wood fire would be using up a lot of O2 to burn.
i have mine drawing the combustion air from inside the house. actually a good stove will draw very little air. my stove has a catalytic converter built in that burns the secondary or smoke and the chimney just barely puts out a wiff of smoke and very little odor. the flame will be above the wood and burns blue. no need to crack a window.

Latest posts

Top Bottom