WTH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"We as consumers need protection"

"capitalize on peoples' desperation"

"you can't throw total responsibility on the buyer"

You'd think this was a fair trade coffee forum or something.

As long as the item(s) are honestly represented the seller asks a price, It is 100% up to the potential customer to buy or not buy. Totally optional.

Cut that man-bun off, throw away your Patchouli and tell your boyfriend you're not spending another dime on cat food. From now on you're going to be responsible for your own care and safety and will be buying ammo and other potentially life-saving items before an emergency strikes. Be gentle, but tell him you have to spend a bit more now, because you FAILED to buy when prices were low - I mean ammo versus the newest version of that video game, - ammo is kind of boring unless you're actually using it. Explain to him in the simplest of terms how you should have learned from all the recent ammo scares, but that you just weren't disciplined enough to buy a box of 5.56 instead of those lattes. (I know with pumpkin spice season, coming up this is going to be really tough)

Maybe we need Affirmative Action pricing?

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"We as consumers need protection"

"capitalize on peoples' desperation"

"you can't throw total responsibility on the buyer"

You'd think this was a fair trade coffee forum or something.

As long as the item(s) are honestly represented the seller asks a price, It is 100% up to the potential customer to buy or not buy. Totally optional.

Cut that man-bun off, throw away your Patchouli and tell your boyfriend you're not spending another dime on cat food. From now on you're going to be responsible for your own care and safety and will be buying ammo and other potentially life-saving items before an emergency strikes. Be gentle, but tell him you have to spend a bit more now, because you FAILED to buy when prices were low - I mean ammo versus the newest version of that video game, - ammo is kind of boring unless you're actually using it. Explain to him in the simplest of terms how you should have learned from all the recent ammo scares, but that you just weren't disciplined enough to buy a box of 5.56 instead of those lattes. (I know with pumpkin spice season, coming up this is going to be really tough)

Maybe we need Affirmative Action pricing?

And here we go again with the insults. As I've said, you know you won the argument when the other person has to fall back to insults to try and "win" the argument. Sorry buddy, but your push of laissez faire is an extension of your immature desire to do whatever you want. Real life doesn't work that way. And history has proven this. Without some form of regulation businesses will screw over the public in their bid to make as much profit as they can. There has to be some regulation. But you are a classic example of an anarchist who feels no one should be able to tell you what to do. And anyone who presents a valid argument against your beliefs is either a commie bootlicker or a gay person. I've had discussions with 10 year olds that are more mature than that. The only thing you have over them is a better vocabulary.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s actually not so bad here. A rep speaking at my parents gun store earlier talked about a shop selling individual 9mm hollow point bullets for $1 each. Just the projectile. Sells 15-20 to most people that come in
There's also this...

If said shop is a little mom & pop that's down to their last two boxes of 9mm hollow points with no known resupply date, do they sell them at $20 a box (or whatever normal price is) to me in one sale and just not have anything to sell the next days and month? Or do they try to stretch their inventory (which also provides product to more customers that need that product) until they can get more product to sell in the hope of staying in business? A business HAS to have product to sell or they go OUT of business.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And here we go again with the insults. As I've said, you know you won the argument when the other person has to fall back to insults to try and "win" the argument. Sorry buddy, but your push of laissez faire is an extension of your immature desire to do whatever you want. Real life doesn't work that way. And history has proven this. Without some form of regulation businesses will screw over the public in their bid to make as much profit as they can. There has to be some regulation. But you are a classic example of an anarchist who feels no one should be able to tell you what to do. And anyone who presents a valid argument against your beliefs is either a commie bootlicker or a gay person. I've had discussions with 10 year olds that are more mature than that. The only thing you have over them is a better vocabulary.

Good job. You got one right!

As for "businesses will screw over the public" comment - are you saying your desire for price controls doesn't extend to individuals selling property? Please clarify, I'm a slow learner.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I would further try to explain it, but since you admit that you believe in a fairytale, it would be a moot point. I'll just try to remember to ignore your comments from now on and not try to argue a point with facts that you refuse to believe. Have a nice day.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I would further try to explain it, but since you admit that you believe in a fairytale, it would be a moot point. I'll just try to remember to ignore your comments from now on and not try to argue a point with facts that you refuse to believe. Have a nice day.
So you’re gonna try to tell me what kind of day to have? Freakin’ statists are all alike.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gouging vs regulation is a fine / blurry line.
In the aftermath of a hurricane (or other natural disaster), businesses selling bottles of water for $5 IS classified as gouging. A neckbeard making private sales is NOT regulated.

A business suspected of gouging will be remembered, when things return normal.

Free market is free market.

LGS has received some bad publicity because of 9mm prices, compared to 6 months ago.

Granted, what was $45 is now $80. BUT, they get ammo and arms in everyday. What that inventory costs them has gone up. They are paying more than $45 for that same 9mm, BUT they have stock and sell out everyday.

Regulations preventing their raising prices would mean nothing to buy..
Panic buying is not fault. The consumer has the choice of not buying.

That is how the system works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom