"You Lie!" "It's Not True."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ohhhh, but it is true!!!

HHS: Obamacare-Funded Health Centers for 'Migrants' Won't Check Immigration Status
Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced on Tuesday that it has awarded $28.8 million to 67 community health centers with funds from the Obamacare health reform law.

Of that $28.8 million, "approximately $8.5 million will be used by 25 New Access Point awardees to target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers," Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Spokeswoman Judy Andrews told CNSNews.com. HRSA is a part of HHS.

Andrews said that grant recipients will not check the immigration status of people seeking services. “Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center,” Andrews said.

Further, the grant recipients are required to serve "all residents" who walk through their doors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the pharmaceutical industry wasn't a half-trillion dollar business, none of us would need the government to fund our healthcare.

So long as keeping people sick and impractically locked into the "pill for every ill" system makes money, it'll never change, and a few of us will pay for the many who can't simply eat healthfully and take their vitamins.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am unable to afford health insurance through my employer. As a result, the wife and I have decided that we'll simply pay as we go. Health insurance for anything other than a catastrophic health issue is like using car insurance to buy new wiper blades.

I don't need government. I don't want the government's help (which comes with strings and conditions and no vaseline). I may never have it all, but what I'll have I got on my own.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If the pharmaceutical industry wasn't a half-trillion dollar business, none of us would need the government to fund our healthcare.

So long as keeping people sick and impractically locked into the "pill for every ill" system makes money, it'll never change, and a few of us will pay for the many who can't simply eat healthfully and take their vitamins.

:werd:

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am unable to afford health insurance through my employer. As a result, the wife and I have decided that we'll simply pay as we go. Health insurance for anything other than a catastrophic health issue is like using car insurance to buy new wiper blades.

I don't need government. I don't want the government's help (which comes with strings and conditions and no vaseline). I may never have it all, but what I'll have I got on my own.

I'm starting to believe this is the way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom