"You Lie!" "It's Not True."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting to believe this is the way to go.

I would agree with you if not for the FACT that everyone who I've ever treated who chose go their own ended up stiffing me for the bill whether or not they plenty of money to pay their bill. I'm sure you're saying, oh, I'd never do that. Well, I bet these people would have said that too but when it came time to pay, they all have reneged.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Medical care is a service like anything else. If you're stiffed then require payment up front. It's your business, run it the way you want.

When I was a kid and became ill my mother would call the doctor, he'd make a house call and my parents paid him for services rendered. My parents were honest. They raise me to be. Those who stiff a business owner never had good parents.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Article I, Section 8... nope, heathcare ain't in there...

100% agreed.

Just wait until all of the provisions of the Obama plan kick in too... we're going to be hearing LOT of complaints from people who suddenly are aware of what all that fancy talkin' means when it's translated to their pocketbooks.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with you if not for the FACT that everyone who I've ever treated who chose go their own ended up stiffing me for the bill whether or not they plenty of money to pay their bill. I'm sure you're saying, oh, I'd never do that. Well, I bet these people would have said that too but when it came time to pay, they all have reneged.

Well said and very, very true.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am unable to afford health insurance through my employer. As a result, the wife and I have decided that we'll simply pay as we go. Health insurance for anything other than a catastrophic health issue is like using car insurance to buy new wiper blades.

I don't need government. I don't want the government's help (which comes with strings and conditions and no vaseline). I may never have it all, but what I'll have I got on my own.

Couldn't agree more!!!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't renege.

Due to a failure to renew my motorcycle insurance on time (renewal notice went to my parents house, and I'd moved out), my insurance lapsed two days before I wrecked my bike. I paid my ER bill, the Xray bill, the hospital bill. All of it.

I hate insurance with a passion, but had I not become covered under my wife's policy a few months later, there's no way I could have afforded the surgery for my collar bone (~$10k).

It's a wicked circle...

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't renege.

Due to a failure to renew my motorcycle insurance on time (renewal notice went to my parents house, and I'd moved out), my insurance lapsed two days before I wrecked my bike. I paid my ER bill, the Xray bill, the hospital bill. All of it.

I hate insurance with a passion, but had I not become covered under my wife's policy a few months later, there's no way I could have afforded the surgery for my collar bone (~$10k).

It's a wicked circle...

I applaud you as an upstanding citizen. You are a rare breed, my friend.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medical care is a service like anything else. If you're stiffed then require payment up front. It's your business, run it the way you want.

When I was a kid and became ill my mother would call the doctor, he'd make a house call and my parents paid him for services rendered. My parents were honest. They raise me to be. Those who stiff a business owner never had good parents.

I'm required by law to take a certain number of days on call to the ER each month. I have to treat whoever comes in, needing services of my specialty, regardless of their ability to pay. So, no it's not like any other business. It should be, but it's not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom