Your primary / favorite BELT CCW holster -method of attachment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Method of attachment to belt?

• Slides on with fixed slots (requires belt removal, at least partially)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Goes on with straps, flaps, clips, snaps, velcro, etc. - of some kind (no belt removal necessary)

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Paddle holster, with a tooth/shelf grabbing the underside of the belt (no belt removal necessary)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Some other method (specify)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chose fixed slots. My primary is an MTAC IWB with the C clips, but with my belt it wont come off without running the belt through it. I like my holster to have a solid lock on the belt.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find a "summer special" type of IWB works good for me. I have to enter mandated "no gun" buildings several times a day... it's the easiest kind of holster to get on or off for me.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several IWB holsters for both of my carry pistols. My two favorites are a Galco Royal Guard that has leather loops that snap and a Comp-Tac CTAC with the two Kydex clips that go over my belt.

I have used a few holsters with a single metal clip, but with activity, especially bending at the waist, they tend to loosen and come off my belt. I have a pretty good ding on my 642 from it hitting the concrete when this happened. I no longer use this type of holster.

Reaction score
they tend to loosen and come off my belt. I have a pretty good ding on my 642 from it hitting the concrete when this happened. I no longer use this type of holster.

Yeah, I don't blame ya for changing after that.

Surprised to see that the vast majority here have loops or clips for easy on & off (option #1), since the the true belt-SLIDEs with fixed slots seem to sell a lot (option #1). Also slightly surprised that paddles aren't more popular - I love paddles.

I really want and should get a Crossbreed Supertuck that I hear so much about - but for which pistol? 1911, CZ, Kahr, what?

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my favorite holster is awesome, but is only for sale online now can't seem to find them local anywhere.

Safariland Custom Fit holster. they are leather outside with suede lining and hard plastic adjustable back to keep from fibers breaking down and becoming floppy. have adjustables screws and open top. They are highly concealable and the body very close! LOVE THEM!!!!!

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't blame ya for changing after that.

Surprised to see that the vast majority here have loops or clips for easy on & off (option #1), since the the true belt-SLIDEs with fixed slots seem to sell a lot (option #1). Also slightly surprised that paddles aren't more popular - I love paddles.

I really want and should get a Crossbreed Supertuck that I hear so much about - but for which pistol? 1911, CZ, Kahr, what?

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck to carry my Walther PPK/S. I don't use it to tuck as I wear a shirt with the tail out or a vest or jacket. If you get one, be sure to pay the little extra to get horsehide. The clips make it very solid on the belt and they are adjustable for height and cant.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I can't stand the idea of a paddle; too insecure for my liking. I don't like kydex clips either. Kydex does not have the fatigue life of steel and leather; nor the temperature resistance.

For IWB, I like leather snap loops, or for a cheap basic IWB, a metal clip.

OWB, I want fixed slots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom