Anyone seen this ? “Survivalist Compound”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting concept, but getting there would definitely be an issue, assuming it's still there and not overrun. Logistically with the ability to travel 70 mph it sounds like one might be able to reach it. However what if EMP knocks out your ability to drive a car? What if roads are clogged up or subject to marauders? $55K for the bunker, another $100K for the MRAP to get there, assuming it would start. Yes, I admit I am exaggerating a bit, but at the same time maybe I'm not. Also other concerns, what about biowarfare? How do you keep the infected out? A 1,500 mile journey may take weeks or months if fraught with perils, not to mention weather. All this assumes that the anarchy doesn't spread to the community itself.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with a thing like this is notoriety. It's on the map and available for everyone to see. If you want a bolt-hole, you don't want anyone to know you have a bolt-hole or where it is. This is a hive of 575 bolt holes on and open prairie. Think about that for a minute.

The first and most easily exploitable fatal flaw in this plan is right there on their website:

vivosxpointbunker207sm.jpg

One way in, one way out, blast door swings out. All someone has to do is drop a small boulder or disable a vehicle in front of it and you're entombed alive, forever.
The video shows escape doors in case front door is blocked

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if the world ends, and so on, which it won't, the people in the middle of one of the coldest places in the lower 48 would likely starve to death as there is no way to get supplies. Yeah, you can get dried foods that will last for a couple of years, but those bunkers aren't big enough to store that much food on top of the required living space.
So many fails on this boondoggle.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if the world ends, and so on, which it won't, the people in the middle of one of the coldest places in the lower 48 would likely starve to death as there is no way to get supplies. Yeah, you can get dried foods that will last for a couple of years, but those bunkers aren't big enough to store that much food on top of the required living space.
So many fails on this boondoggle.

Not to mention that when the resident of #45 runs out of supplies and starts taking out other residents to get their supplies.

I could see a free-for-all going on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom