Electric Smoker for the Holidays??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son uses a Masterbuilt electric smoke house and it works real well. He had to buy a new one this year because he could not find replacement parts to fix his old one.

GeekShot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
stay away from the sams club models, got a dead masterbuilt in my garage right now. electrical issues with the coil not covered under warranty, only good things about cookshacks

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have never used an electric smoker or a pellet model

really like my all stainless Hasty Bake ... always use natural lump charcoal and get great results.

never the less, always will keep an open mind...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All,

It's getting closer to the holidays and I've got a question to ask the OSA readers.

What is a good-(best one YOU have or have used) electric, yes electric smoker to buy?

I'm getting to the age of CONVENIENCE!! No more all-night smoking/cooking, no more watching the temp/heat all day or night.

***I don't want a debate on gas-vs-charcoal-vs-electric!!!!!

What I'd like or am looking for: A smoker that is electric, has an adjustable temperature to smoke and cook at the same time, AND is reliable!!

Reliable: I've read several articles on electric smokers that after the 3rd to 4th time of use, the heating element goes out. The temperature doesn't get hot enough.....blah,blah,blah.

IS there an electric smoker out there pretty much "trouble" free and will do the job?.....smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving and cooking/smoking meat throughout the year?

I've been looking at a Cajun Injector Electric Smoker....any pros-or-cons??
[Broken External Image]

Thanks for the help and suggestions!!
Cohiba

I had that one for awhile, and really liked it, but unfortunatly it wasn't totaly waterproof, got rain water in the controls, and croaked. I guess if it was covered it wouldn't matter.

Replaced it with a cookshack electric smoker, and it has been with me for 4 years now without a problem. (Made in Ponca City by the way).

Eddie005

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had loin back ribs off the cookshack for dinner tonight. Man them things are good. And so easy. Sprinkle a little Head Country rub on the, throw in the cookshack smoker, put in 2 chunks of wood and turn it on. Dont touch it for 4 1/2 hours, pull em out and eat them. wow

Latest posts

Top Bottom