Tuttle Couple Held Hostage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is scary that things like this are starting to happen more and more.

http://www.news9.com/story/13181033/tuttle-couple-held-hostage-home-set-fire?redirected=true

TUTTLE, Oklahoma -- A couple was tied up and left for dead near their Tuttle home late Saturday evening.

According to Tuttle police, three masked men were inside the couple's home waiting for them. Police said the men tied the couple up, holding them hostage for over an hour.

Before leaving police said the men lit the house on fire with the couple still on the property. The home was fully engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived.

"I have been Chief of Police for six years and been here 21 years and have never seen something like this in Tuttle before," said Tuttle Police Chief Donald Cluck.

Fortunately Chief Cluck said the couple was able to escape shortly after the men left.

"It's sobering to have something like this happen just a few yards away," said neighbor Randy Dickerson.

Authorities said after the couple escaped they were able to run to a neighbors house to call 911.

Tuttle police have turned over their investigation to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, who are expected to release more details Monday.

Currently authorities have no suspects or a motive, and they said it was unclear if the couple was targeted.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw that last night.
If they catch these dudes and they're found guilty I'll supply the short piece of rope.
Reminds me of the old couple from Tecumseh recently that were robbed and killed while out RVing.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glad they made it out okay.

Wonder if things would have been different if the couple was packing. Re-entry into my own home is a high-alert time for me and I'm very cautious.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw that last night.
If they catch these dudes and they're found guilty I'll supply the short piece of rope.
Reminds me of the old couple from Tecumseh recently that were robbed and killed while out RVing.

I would imagine there are a few tall trees around Tuttle they could make use of.

Wonder if things would have been different if the couple was packing. Re-entry into my own home is a high-alert time for me and I'm very cautious.

+1...you never know what might have managed to make its way in while you were out of the house.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh geez, there's always more to the story... For example, they did not tell us what clothes the couple was wearing at the time. If they were wearing cologne or perfume and if they had any pets.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Exact thing I was thinking last night when it was being broadcast on the news. If I come home and someone is in there and it's not family, you are getting shot. I will ask why you are there after.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh geez, there's always more to the story... For example, they did not tell us what clothes the couple was wearing at the time. If they were wearing cologne or perfume and if they had any pets.

This is not meant to criticize the above comment, but my experience with the news media is that they DO leave out information. Sometimes, important details don't emerge until much later. I recall for instance of a case where a young lady was killed and thus her unborn baby died as well. While the new media went on an on about the unborn baby, they left out that the whole incident was gang related and that the young lady was actively involved with the gangs.

The young lady was originally portrayed as an innocent victim, when in reality, she wasn't.

I also feel that I will wait on the Tuttle story for now until more details come about. Granted, the Tuttle police department probably doesn't have an investigative division with detectives, but why is the OSBI involved and there is no reference to the Grady County sheriff's office?

Latest posts

Top Bottom