Went to Kaw today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started out really slow, only catching one where I did so well last weekend at 16'.
Took off to the Sarge creek bridge area and used the locator to find a submerged tree. Threw out a bouy, and dunked a minnow. The action wasn't hot, but it was quality fish. Kept 12 total. Biggest was 1 3/4lbs, that currently sits on top of the leader board for the Kaw crappie contest
Put on by the Kaw City bait shop. It won't stand for long though. 3 pounders will start coming in as the big females get shallow to spawn.

image-2050552240.jpg

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You had fun, got to use the new locator, got to run your grandfather's boat, and caught supper. I would venture to say that it was a d*%n fine day. I wish I was in de bote wid ya.

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some nice ones! I've never fished Kaw before but have been thinking about pitching a tent up there for a couple of days. Did you happen to get the water temp?

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. It was 58 degrees at Sardis a few days ago so that sounds about right. Need some 50 degree nights and it should be on.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like some fine eating there Dennis!

I spent most of my childhood fishing channel cat, but there is NOTHING like a good crappie fry. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom