brand new Kahr CW40 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crxman91

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased this gun thursday and took it to the range today. I was shooting WWB got about 20 rounds through it no problems. With the magazine loaded with more than 2 rounds when it gets to the last round it will not feed, and the magazine is ejected about 3/4". Any ideas what would cause this or what I should do about it?

crxman91

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i took it back to sports world and they said they would check it out. they stated i was probably hitting the release. i assured them i checked that to be sure and he said again that was probably what it was so we will see

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
either that or the mag is bad. I also thought the mag catch but if it were bad you would see the problem with fuller mags. Does that pistol have one of those new ambi mag releases?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the one I had it would eject the mag on the 4th round every time.
I measured it and found that it coincides with the follower mold mark(lip) coming into contact with the mag release.
Took a razor knife and scraped away the lip and no more problem.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing about these and other autos you have to run a couple hundred rounds thru them.
Most people have reported no problems after the break in period.
Glad they figured out the mag problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom