1000 yard range at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got an update at the OKCGC Board meeting on Tuesday the 6th of June.
Dirtwork should be done in the next 2 weeks or so, barring bad weather or mechanical breakdowns.

I don't know how long it will take to finish it after the dirtwork is completed. Targets, firing points, whatever else.
This is great news. Will it be similar to the silhouette gallery with steel in 100m increments?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is great news. Will it be similar to the silhouette gallery with steel in 100m increments?
I don't know for certain.

However, I think it is not a completely new range, but an extension of the current high-power range. This means it will have whatever targets are available there, maybe to 600 (?), then more at 1K. Some steel at 1K.
Do not take this as gospel, because I'm merely speculating.

Except I do know that there will be at least some steel at 1K.

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know for certain.

However, I think it is not a completely new range, but an extension of the current high-power range. This means it will have whatever targets are available there, maybe to 600 (?), then more at 1K. Some steel at 1K.
Do not take this as gospel, because I'm merely speculating.

Except I do know that there will be at least some steel at 1K.
Ohh.. ok. I think that range is largely paper now so that tempers my enthusiasm a bit.

Bassett

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the April meeting and the silhouette division offered to put up a steel target on the 1000yrd. If I remember correctly they thanked him(Jim Myers) and said they would get back to him at a later date.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if there is going to be a pit lke the 600 or maybe a fancy camera system to spot, that would be nice. Can't tell from the dirt work today. That white speck on the right is a decent sized truck.
1000 yard.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if there is going to be a pit lke the 600 or maybe a fancy camera system to spot, that would be nice. Can't tell from the dirt work today. That white speck on the right is a decent sized truck.
View attachment 387997
Good question. The 600 is shooting downhill, the 1000 will be going back up the slope. I’m curious as to how the new operation will run. Curt bowman, Kent shomber chime in if you’re reading this!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I need to get another range orientation card when they open up. I lost mine a few years ago and never got around to getting a new one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom