100yr old barn wood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have decided to reside our barn and I have alot to part with. I know there are alot of crafters for this aged wood. My question is what should I do with it, I thought about posting it on craigslist but I don't even know where to start on this. Ive thought about making the old ice chest out of it but of If made 5 it would just put a small dent in what I have. What do you guy/gals think. I'll even give some away to members that need a few bords to replace there old barns.

Let me know if you have any ideas, if you come up with any really good ideas and you help me build something I'll split it with you if we can sell it. I'm just lost on what to do.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ranch house where I used to live in the Colorado mountains had ancient barn wood as the interior wall covering in all of the common areas. It was amazing. We did have fire extinguishers EVERYWHERE, though...

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A wood ceiling or wall in one of your rooms.
A table top for your beer out on your porch/patio.
Use it for flooring in your gun room.
Fireplace mantle.

I'm assuming about 12" wide, a true 1" thick? If you just want to get rid of some, I'll take some off your hands, I'll find something to do with it. I can help with deconstruction as well if needed.

johnharms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on the condition of the wood, I would be interested in a little bit for a few projects I want to do. Maybe a few pictures frames, chest, bookshelves, etc....

Let us know if we can take some off your hands??? :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many great ideas..i would build old furniture from some of it.
small pieces would be turned into ammo loading blocks or a jenga game or other kids games old furniture 001.jpgold furniture 002.jpgold furniture 003.jpgold furniture 004.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom