1999 dodge dakota A/C trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family has a 99 dakota and It has a freon leak. Anyone here work on cars that can give an estimate on what it will cost to fix it? Any common areas where it can leak that is simple to fix? I am no expert but can do small mechanical jobs. Thanks in advance for the help.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
How long does it take to leak out enough to require a can or two? My work truck was leaking a couple of cans every other week and I put in a can of stop leak a couple of weeks ago and it is still holding 38lbs (fingers crossed).

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do alot of ac work. I dont charge for pressure testing. Most of the time its better to fix the problem than to try to patch it (leak sealer) . Im in okc if u bring it by we can look at it together

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We do alot of ac work. I dont charge for pressure testing. Most of the time its better to fix the problem than to try to patch it (leak sealer) . Im in okc if u bring it by we can look at it together

What part of town is your shop located. My daughters vehicle broke down and may have you look at it. I'm super busy with work and gonna look at it again tomorrow. May be over my head.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with getting it looked at. Some shops won't touch your system after you put the stop leak in it as it can cause major problems with their equipment from what I am told. They would rather pass on some work where they may make a couple hundred after expenses than to have to repair a machine that isn't none too cheap.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the address and ill stop by sometime this week?

Latest posts

Top Bottom