2,300 rounds....very troubling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Forward thinking Europe has very little gun violence. So, you do have a point.
Forward thinking Europe !!! LOL Yes Germany just allowed the Nazi party back in their parliament.... And while they have little gun violence they do have bombings and stabbings and folks getting run over by trucks!!!! 84 People in Nice in one incident!!!
A little less than 3500 people were killed last year by guns, more than 1/2 of those were accidental or suicide, 1.3 million people died from auto accidents last year so if you are looking to make America safer go after cars!!!!! It is a way larger issue than gun deaths.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little less than 3500 people were killed last year by guns, more than 1/2 of those were accidental or suicide, 1.3 million people died from auto accidents last year so if you are looking to make America safer go after cars!!!!! It is a way larger issue than gun deaths.
But but but folks like their vehicles... they won't even go for lower speed limits to save lives.

That statement's too rational to make sense to the anti-gun nuts anyway. :drunk2:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Works in Europe. I am glad you're finally shrugging off the cloak of ignorance to embrace the light.

What light would that be , the one where the gun grabbers look at the same statistics every one else sees and can't figure out that guns by and large are used by hard working, country loving folks that would never dream of hurting another person, the gun grabbers light is a pin hole, they choose to ignore, at the end of a long dark tunnel of delusion, else have their delusions wrecked. Their whole argument is based off of hyperbole and following the masses, which are incapable of thinking for themselves!!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forward thinking Europe !!! LOL Yes Germany just allowed the Nazi party back in their parliament.... And while they have little gun violence they do have bombings and stabbings and folks getting run over by trucks!!!! 84 People in Nice in one incident!!!

Ummm.... ok, some things are off in this post. You start off talking about Germany and Europe, then you quote numbers killed by guns and by auto accidents, and finish by talking about America. If you're talking American numbers here, you are way, way, way off the chart on both the firearms-related deaths and the automobile accident fatalities. Since before that you were talking about Germany, I'm not sure, but I don't think you were talking about statistics in Germany. Were you? I could be wrong, but even if so, you're off there, too.

Auto-related fatalities
1.3 million people died from auto accidents last year
According to the National Safety Council, there were 40,200 traffic-related deaths in the US in 2016. These numbers are still not truly complete and accepted everywhere, and I've seen numbers from as low as 37,000 as well. But, either way... even at high estimate, 40,200 -which is a jump of 6% from 2015 (and 2015 was up 7% from 2014), it's a far far cry from 1.3 million. Like... way off. 40,200 - not 1.3 million. That's for cars.

Firearms-related fatalities
A little less than 3500 people were killed last year by guns, more than 1/2 of those were accidental or suicide
It is difficult to find accurate statistics on gun violence, as so many are inflated by places such as Everytown and the Brady folks and etc. And then they show up as paid ads in Google searches (go figure). But general consensus is around 33,000 deaths per year related to firearms - so maybe you accidentally dropped a zero there? I dunno, coulda been a miskey, I'll give you that. And yes, a little over half (about 58% or so, from what I can find) of those deaths are suicides, not homicides.

Either way, when we talk about these things, we need to make sure we are at least in the ballpark of accuracy - but the auto-related deaths you quoted are greatly exaggerated, while the firearm-related deaths are off by a magnitude of 10 or so - possibly a typo, I don't know.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm.... ok, some things are off in this post. You start off talking about Germany and Europe, then you quote numbers killed by guns and by auto accidents, and finish by talking about America. If you're talking American numbers here, you are way, way, way off the chart on both the firearms-related deaths and the automobile accident fatalities. Since before that you were talking about Germany, I'm not sure, but I don't think you were talking about statistics in Germany. Were you? I could be wrong, but even if so, you're off there, too.

Auto-related fatalities

According to the National Safety Council, there were 40,200 traffic-related deaths in the US in 2016. These numbers are still not truly complete and accepted everywhere, and I've seen numbers from as low as 37,000 as well. But, either way... even at high estimate, 40,200 -which is a jump of 6% from 2015 (and 2015 was up 7% from 2014), it's a far far cry from 1.3 million. Like... way off. 40,200 - not 1.3 million. That's for cars.

Firearms-related fatalities

It is difficult to find accurate statistics on gun violence, as so many are inflated by places such as Everytown and the Brady folks and etc. And then they show up as paid ads in Google searches (go figure). But general consensus is around 33,000 deaths per year related to firearms - so maybe you accidentally dropped a zero there? I dunno, coulda been a miskey, I'll give you that. And yes, a little over half (about 58% or so, from what I can find) of those deaths are suicides, not homicides.

Either way, when we talk about these things, we need to make sure we are at least in the ballpark of accuracy - but the auto-related deaths you quoted are greatly exaggerated, while the firearm-related deaths are off by a magnitude of 10 or so - possibly a typo, I don't know.

You are right about the 1.3 million , that was world wide!!

And I did drop a zero when typing the gun deaths!!! Here is what I read:
→ More than 100,000 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides & suicide attempts, accidents, or by police intervention. 31,537 people die from gun violence: ✓ 11,583 people are murdered. ✓ 18,783 people kill themselves.

I stand corrected!! Was busy working on another project when I was arguing the car deaths and did not read the whole paragraph on the car deaths and typoed the gun statistics! You are right I should have paid more attention!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom