2,300 rounds....very troubling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if the media walked into your reloading closet?!?!
13a16ad3fcea3a650033acb745528d45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many in the general public must assume that 50 to 100 rounds is all any reasonable person would buy or have at a time.

Once I was at Academy to buy a case of 9mm. The checkout clerk asked sarcastically, "Think you got enough?". Amazing how many non-shooters think they have both knowledge and wisdom about firearms allowing them to sit in judgement.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple days before Obama was elected, I went to Academy and bought in the neighborhood of $700.00 worth of ammo; mostly .308. I don't recall the round count, but it did attract attention and 3 or 4 store clerks 'gathered around' as I was checking out. As I headed to the exit I turned to the 'crowd' and said something along the lines of "Obama is about to be elected. Stock up while you still can."

Woody

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple days before Obama was elected, I went to Academy and bought in the neighborhood of $700.00 worth of ammo; mostly .308. I don't recall the round count, but it did attract attention and 3 or 4 store clerks 'gathered around' as I was checking out. As I headed to the exit I turned to the 'crowd' and said something along the lines of "Obama is about to be elected. Stock up while you still can."

Woody
Not defending Obama one iota, but did you ever lose the opportunity to buy ammo?

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many in the general public must assume that 50 to 100 rounds is all any reasonable person would buy or have at a time.

Once I was at Academy to buy a case of 9mm. The checkout clerk asked sarcastically, "Think you got enough?". Amazing how many non-shooters think they have both knowledge and wisdom about firearms allowing them to sit in judgement.

How much is in a case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not defending Obama one iota, but did you ever lose the opportunity to buy ammo?

No, but not at the price I paid! Same with all the other ammo I bought around town that day. Though I haven't need any more 22LR since then, it was difficult to find and purchase in any appreciable quantity.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom