2009 Archery kills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridge doesn't look like you were lying when you said he let the air out. Either she is in tall grass or that is just the hide and head. Congrats on some backstrap.
SoonerENGR good job on the backstraps!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ridge doesn't look like you were lying when you said he let the air out. Either she is in tall grass or that is just the hide and head. Congrats on some backstrap.
SoonerENGR good job on the backstraps!

LOL, I threw a big wad of grass in front of her chest cavity so it wouldn't be all ugly and whatnot in the pic, you can see the horizontal grass in front of her I laid down. He already gutted by the time I met up with him, and I started to take the pic and you could see the big bloody cavity, so I grabbed the grass.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for viewing, I do not hunt in Oklahoma so I did not enter the contest.

Attachments

• 12 pt big.jpg
    12 pt big.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 416

SoonerENGR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks OklahomaBassin, I actually tried that button when I made the post. Yet, when I hit the preview option it didnt show up and neither did the link. I guess I will just have to mess with it a bit.

Gator

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And a big fat doe has fallen!!!!! Went to my lease this weekend, and Sat morning dawned cloudy and cool, witha slight north wind, perfect for where I was. Didn't see anything until about 745 when I have two does feeding down the fenceline. They get about 35-40yds away and turn and walk into the woods, no shot. I watch them feed around for about 5 mins till I lose sight. I'm already thinkin this is gonna be a good morning. Little while later I see movement again from the north, and here comes four does, headed right to me, and my little "kill plot". They come down, and I am lookin for buttons, and sizing them up, as they all looked small to me. First one I picked out turned and didn't offer a shot. Looked over the others, and picked one out, and when she stepped out, my goldtip/magnus stinger was on its way. Sad thing is, she was a tad closer than what I thought, and having been at draw for ALOT longer than I wanted, I hit high, right in the spine. She dropped, the other three high tailed it outta there. I can't get another arrow in her, as she is moving to much, so I get all my stuff down, and as I am climbing down, here a "pop" in my stand. I look up, and the dang thing is about to come apart!!!!! That scared the beeejesus outta me!!!! Anyways, I walk over, and finish her off. Dressed out at a hundred pounds, and was FAT!!!!! ended up seeing three deer outta this same stand Sat night, so I am thinkin I am in a good spot to say the least!!! The pic isn't the best, this is when I went back to get her, and I forgot to take one before I loaded her on the trailer. I love my Magnus Stingers!!!!!!!! This one has to be recycled, but it sacrificed itself to a good cause!!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v463_okgator_doe.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom