2014 Recommend A Lawn Mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a troybilt from lowes with the honda motor on top. That thing will start up on the first pull every time now matter how long its been sitting. I think I paid 250 for it 4 years ago. I'd imagine its got at least another 4 years on it. My yard is too small for anything but a push mower. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another troy bilt again.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deere X324 AWS with at least a 48" deck. Gives you a traditional lawn tractor with zero turn and one handed steering leaving other for your beverage. If you go green make sure to but from a Deere dealer and not the box store, they are different machines. My primary mower is still running strong after 15+ years and the only major expense over that time was 4 new tires.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's speed you seek.

www.deere.com_common_media_images_product_equipment_combines_s9af4a29eafc9f8321056752e8195e39f.jpg

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 52" Scag with a 26hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine. It's built like a tank with thick gauge steel.. I've been extremely happy with it. I put mulching blades on it. I mow 1.5 acres.

One time, I sucked up the water meter lid underneath the deck. There was a lot of clanging going on under.neath the deck for a few seconds.

I was afraid I was going to damage something like the deck, spindles, or blades. I took it to the place I bought it from to have it inspected just in case?

There was not one bit of damage to anything on my scag. I can't say the same about the water meter lid. LOL.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its a push mower your after Sams club has a Black Max self propelled with a Honda engine for $299 which looks like a really decent deal. If you take nothing else from what everyone here has said get a Honda engine on a push mower or a Kawasaki on the riders.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goats. They always start and put down fertilizer as they mow... Sit on porch, drink cold beer, talk to good wife, watch lawn get mowed....

S.W.A.T. team answers domestic call dispute, goats caught in cross fire, county charges you $10,000 to dispose of goats. Which they really sell to IAMS.:hithead:

Yeah, I'm a pessimist.

I would second the Honda engine.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats exactly why I am currently shopping for a ZT. It currently takes me over 2 1/2 hours with my John Deere 48" traditional rider. Last summer I was too busy and had to have a friend of mine who runs a lawn service mow for me, took him under an hour to mow my place.
After I find which one I want, I will be selling a nice John Deere.
Look at an everide. I have a 48" Everide Hornet. I mow 5.5 acres in a little over two hours. They are good mowers with out all the BS exmark and badboy put on theirs. Whatever you get make sure it has a Kawasaki motor like has already been said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom