2020 Python for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When is someone going to post a 2020 python for sale in the classified for $2000? I posted one in the classifieds last night for $2,000,000, but I took it down because I didn’t think anyone would get my sense of humor. They’re all over Gunbroker for stupid prices. I want one bad (and will have one sooner or later). I think I’ll wait to make sure they don’t have any major issues first.

Also, I wonder how much the sale of 2020 pythons will affect the cost of the old Pythons if any.

Last edited:

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems interesting, but if the lockwork is cheaper to build than the originals, then why does anyone want it?

The Pythons I've owned were splendid revolvers.

If these new ones are cheaper to build, it does not necessarily signify any improvement.

You could slap the name Python and put a Colt logo on your Taurus, but it does not make it equal to the earlier Python.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna put on my flame suit before I make this comment...

zip, zip, zip

I always respected the Colt Python, but for a hard working, service type revolver, the Smith & Wesson L frame was much more durable. I shot wheel gun when I went through cleet way back when. On the firing line right next to me was a deputy from Jackson county. He shot a Python, me a 681. Day 2 on the line, his Python jumped time and he had to finish with a borrowed S&W K frame because his Python was irreparable there at the range.

The Python is a gorgeous iron, but $2K or more for one? I reckon that's why I'm not a collector.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

zip, zip, zip

I always respected the Colt Python, but for a hard working, service type revolver, the Smith & Wesson L frame was much more durable. I shot wheel gun when I went through cleet way back when. On the firing line right next to me was a deputy from Jackson county. He shot a Python, me a 681. Day 2 on the line, his Python jumped time and he had to finish with a borrowed S&W K frame because his Python was irreparable there at the range.

The Python is a gorgeous iron, but $2K or more for one? I reckon that's why I'm not a collector.

Yep. Why I have never been interested in Colt revolvers. In my opinion, Smith and Ruger made better revolvers.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only own one Colt Revolver --- a Colt Policeman made in 1939 with the original box. Probably be the only one I'll ever own.

Last edited:

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problems with anyone up selling. It’s a free market, and we’re talking about a $1500 revolver, not medicine or water or something that’s a necessity. I never understood the hate and all the childish call outs back during the neck beard panic for pmags and ammo. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, so most of the time we are our own worst enemy when it comes to patience and demand.

That said, I NEED one. I will still probably wait until the price comes back down though. I realistically see them being closer to $1000-1299 by early next year unless Colt pulls an FNH and says they’re on indefinite backorder to keep prices high.

I think it will drive the “classic” snake gun value down a bit, but the lack of new supply is the only reason they went up in the first place.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

zip, zip, zip

I have to agree with you there. I appreciate them for what they are, but they don't do much for me. I have a couple detective specials that are pretty cool, (to me) but I've always been a Smith fan.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a gun dealer I buy from on a regular basis. I just purchased a Colt SAA and wanted to thank him for it.

I did ask about the NEW Colt Python and they have one right now but are holding in to it. They have six ordered and waiting for them. I did ask about the length of barrel and he stated they ordered both...4" and 6" as he thinks for now they're the only size.

The one they have he stated is excellent quality, not a rush,skip, and hurry and make it.

He's watching GunBroker and he....thinks.....thinks....they'll list them in the $2-3,000 dollar range.

I asked and he agreed......I'm waiting for the "HYPE" to settle-maybe a year or three and look at the prices then. Also....different barrel lengths should be offered....who knows??

I DO know this.....just like the "HYPE TRAIN" did to my beer market....my bourbon market....my cologne market.....my Cuban cigar market....I'm standing on the train station and will wait for this crazy train to pass and settle down. If it doesn't...oh well...I'll keep buying Colt SAA.

Just my 2 cents

Maybe.....just maybe....Colt saw a "slow down" on their AR-15 civilian market and a "Future" in their snake pistols??? Who knows??

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problems with anyone up selling. It’s a free market, and we’re talking about a $1500 revolver, not medicine or water or something that’s a necessity. I never understood the hate and all the childish call outs back during the neck beard panic for pmags and ammo. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, so most of the time we are our own worst enemy when it comes to patience and demand.

That said, I NEED one. I will still probably wait until the price comes back down though. I realistically see them being closer to $1000-1299 by early next year unless Colt pulls an FNH and says they’re on indefinite backorder to keep prices high.

I think it will drive the “classic” snake gun value down a bit, but the lack of new supply is the only reason they went up in the first place.
I was saying this same thing back in the day. There is also a thread on here about how much your investments went up last year. Think any of those guys would sell me their portfolio for what it was worth a year or two ago?

Latest posts

Top Bottom