22-250 for deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going afield tomorrow with my Ruger 6.5 Creedmore. I checked zero today and found it to have holes touching at 100 yards, 2" high at 100 yards. First time to carry it hunting and am really impressed with this accuracy with 140 grains factory loads.
If your into reloading you will really be impressed

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the proof is in the pudding, I was a guest on a hunt this morning and I was carrying the 6.5 for the first time. I am guessing that the gun had a smooth as butter 2.5# trigger. 3 does walked in and were nervous. I was patient and waited for the right time for my shot and squeezed off a round. I took a high neck shot and she flipped upon impact. She was drt as expected with no tracking. The 140 grain factory round did its job.
What was so impressive was that yesterday when I fired it for the first time the factory rounds were printing a nickel group at 100 yds. Huckleberry 75 had mounted the scope and test fired it but never mentioned the grouping. Kwaynem - I would expect handloads will be tighter.. I found me a new rifle to love.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the proof is in the pudding, I was a guest on a hunt this morning and I was carrying the 6.5 for the first time. I am guessing that the gun had a smooth as butter 2.5# trigger. 3 does walked in and were nervous. I was patient and waited for the right time for my shot and squeezed off a round. I took a high neck shot and she flipped upon impact. She was drt as expected with no tracking. The 140 grain factory round did its job.
What was so impressive was that yesterday when I fired it for the first time the factory rounds were printing a nickel group at 100 yds. Huckleberry 75 had mounted the scope and test fired it but never mentioned the grouping. Kwaynem - I would expect handloads will be tighter.. I found me a new rifle to love.
Congrats on the doe!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
108 grain Lapua Scenar HP are incredibly accurate and much faster. Speed kills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom