.223 scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope that is auto ranging, hopefully mil-dot, 3x9 varaible to mount on a bolt action .223. The rifle didn't cost much, so I'm not looking to put a very expensive scope on it.

Any suggestions?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope that is auto ranging, hopefully mil-dot, 3x9 varaible to mount on a bolt action .223. The rifle didn't cost much, so I'm not looking to put a very expensive scope on it.

Any suggestions?

Bushnell makes a "banner" that has a higher power then you are looking for but is a mil dot and should be found for 100 bucks. 223 is a popular varmint cartridge. What are you wanting to do with it?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Busnhell 3200 Elite mildot 10x40 that runs sweet on my .223 varmint rig. Very economical. Nice glass for the money--clarity is excellent for the price point ($175).

If your budget's limited, you get better glass with fixed power.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bushnell makes a "banner" that has a higher power then you are looking for but is a mil dot and should be found for 100 bucks. 223 is a popular varmint cartridge. What are you wanting to do with it?

I like to target shoot. I used to shoot competition hi-power for the Air Force when I was in. I like the idea of a variable range finding scope. I don't shoot the matches anymore since I had shoulder surgery. I went from .308 down to .223. I'm trying to build a rifle that i can shoot a group about the size of a skeet at 200 yards.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does auto ranging mean?

Maybe a better term would be Bullet Drop Compensating. It automatically adjusts your elevation as you change the magnification. They usually have raange estimating marks inside the scope that you can use to estimate your range with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom