$5472

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's your gross family income? Sorry for direct question, but you did bring up the numbers.

Does it matter? He's bitching about additional taxes. I got a 3% raise and my net dropped $10 per pay period. I'm not going to miss $20 month, but a lot of folks with a herd of kids will.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what he makes. I am a kid hoarder myself and my wife is a full time mommy of 5. I will be paying an extra 2 grand this year and you can bet your back side I have a place for that money to be. I am absolutely not a high earner and a long ways from the top 10% the President spoke about. BOHICA

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just hope that everyone that voted for the POS are happy. They got what they should have known was coming.....

most that voted for him don't pay taxes...I lost money in my pay check too...gotta fund the treasury so they can give my money to people to use their EBT cards at the strip clubs.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Does it matter? He's bitching about additional taxes. I got a 3% raise and my net dropped $10 per pay period. I'm not going to miss $20 month, but a lot of folks with a herd of kids will.

I was listening to a caller on the Rush Limbaugh show complaining that his wife was losing 56.00 per pay period (caller stated two week period), yet complained that they were in the lower end of the middle class. That math doesn't add up. Unless there was another tax that increased other than the 2% payroll tax, that 56.00 would represent about 2700.00 every two weeks.

That seems a far cry from lower middle class, since the husband was working as well.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He doesn’t have to worry for the next four years, after all he can coast and then the next guy can blame him just like he blamed the past administration for the crap we are in. After all he will have a nice retirement, protection for life, and end up with cozy office job making money. My retirement just got less. Looks like the wife will have to keep working longer making her six figures pay just to keep us fed. It's a shame when it cost two people over $250 a week at the local Wal-Mart just to eat. I just don't know how young families do it.

Just to keep you fed or well fed?

I am gonna go ahead and blast this, $250 a week per person!!! You sir are out of touch, it takes around $10 a day to feed a person WELL, and this is including meats and chicken/pork/fish, as well as nutritous veggies. How in the hell is it costing $35 and change a day to eat per person? And that $35 a day is what Oil and Gas companies give me as a per diem each DAY...and that covers me eating 2-$15 meals at a decent restaurant.

My fiance and I get by eating homecooked, fulfilling meals for around $200 every 2 weeks give or take. We buy in bulk and freeze meats for up to 6 months and rotate and use them accordingly, same with certain veggies, I also garden and out of dirt, water, and compost I magically create produce in the spring and summer. I just cant believe how unreal that figure is, gotta be super sucking up the pre-made horse crap meals or just buying nothing but filet mignon and prime rib, while also wasting just an exorbitant amount of food.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a shame when it cost two people over $250 a week at the local Wal-Mart just to eat.

That must be some different groceries than I purchase at Wal-Mart, or perhaps prices are higher at Owasso Wal-Mart. Wife and I do about $400 month for groceries, and I should/would/could like to lose many pounds.

Just checked our mid month earnings statements, our tax withholding is not significantly different than same period last year. SS is up but overall there isn't enough change to be considered significant.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh good, let's throw stones....

Throw stones? Not throwing stones just trying to understand what Wal-Mart he is shopping at, because you could rock shopping at Whole Foods and come real close to that per person $ amount per week if shopping frugally, so how and what is he purchasing at wal-mart that costs that much? That is all I am wondering, because their is a better way, hell just having a small fluorescent setup in a garage growing tomatoes and potatoes as well as bean varities you can save thousands a year for around $300 a year and 15 minutes a day.

Let's not get into the whole my job is hectic my time is valuable crap either. Because that is the main excuse I see to justify poor nutritional habits as well as the expense they claim is great when it need not be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom