6.4 powerstroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daugbl5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spartan tuner and aftermarket cold air intake. Tuner kit comes with DPF delete increased mileage by 4 to 6 mpg and it will increase hp to aroun 600 to 800 hp to rear tire. Go to youtube and type in vette vs powerstroke. It beats a vette in a 1/8 of a mile with the old spartan tuner. lots of great reviews

recon279

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sct tuner full 4 inch exhaust egr delete look at innovative diesel my 07 6.0 powerstroke gets 20 mpg on the highway at 75 or better plus it has 419 rwhp and 800 rwtq

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Incredible and fast responses. Much appreciated. I also read about changing the coolant to something other than the ford gold?? That ring true to you diesel experts?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got 286,000 miles on my 03' 6.0, with no radiator, oil cooler, or egr cooler problems all on the gold coolant................................but I'm pretty sure I'm an extreme exception. Most will recommend the CAT extended coolant, or anything that's not a silica base.

recon279

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ya buy rev x with oil change too plus keep clean oil and filter in her.plus run extreme diesel fuel addititve with the prog and exhaust it will sound mean and run hard as hell if u ahve any othe issues pm me or questions

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. Incredible and fast responses. Much appreciated. I also read about changing the coolant to something other than the ford gold?? That ring true to you diesel experts?

There may be some bad things to say about gold coolant but ford uses it and has used it almost exclusively across the board for all vehicles and engines for years with no problems. IMO its a decent coolant but not the best product out there. Just like gold coolant you should read into the GM Dexcool, you will find a lot of bad things said about that too and GM uses it in everything and has for many years too. The biggest thing you need to remember for the powerstroke is selecting a coolant that has SCA's or buy the additive to help protect against cavitation (gold already has SCA's)

recon279

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
plus u can put in common probs with 6.4 and wat too change and wat too do on google and u will get a ton of good answers.plus i recommend call eric at innovtive diesel for performance needs

Latest posts

Top Bottom