7.62 ammo deals...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cabellas has 762 russian herders on sale for 4.99 a box. with 5 shipping over 99 bucks...

also. gouging is gun world. market ups and downs is what causes what we are dealing with. chances are, 70-90% of folks on here had what they wanted before the scare hit. so they werent caught with their pants down. now, the other sheeple who thought obamma was just a big cuddly santy clause that gave free carp out and not all aboot bannin guns or mags, thought wrong... and now they losing out. they are paying double or triple cause they were too short sighted.... had it explained like this...

katrina hits. you have no baby formula. go to store. they have formula for 10x what it is supposed to cost. but thtats the key. they HAVE some...if the price stayed the same, all the fuds and their brothers would spam hte walmarts and then jack the price up to ridiculous levels on arms list....so hte problem is dumb people, once again...

and ps, nighthawk has been talking aboot gougers etc, and being all holier than thou, but he had a sig 556R at the last grand natl show in okc marked up to 2600 bucks. they dont normally sell in a good economy, so might as well triple the price and sell it during a scare eh?

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, that is why I won't buy ammo from the Classifieds here. Instead I look for deals on "reasonably" priced ammo that I an pass along. My Cabela's order shipped, so I got what I wanted/needed without having to meet up with a gouger and it's coming to me for for just $5... I'm happy.

What I love is how so little of this stuff in the classifieds that has been marked up isn't selling. If our community works right, we can continue to find deals and pass them along to serve our needs and respect out pocket books. BTW, I stopped off at Sooner Guns, they didn't have much, but what I did get was the normal price. So looks like Mark, although he doesn't advertise here, is good to go along with our more supportive dealers.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I love is how so little of this stuff in the classifieds that has been marked up isn't selling. If our community works right, we can continue to find deals and pass them along to serve our needs and respect out pocket books.

+1 to this. I see that a lot of the opportunist sellers are folks with low post counts, which is pretty much what I expected. It's sad though to see how some OSA folks with large post counts are jumping onto the panic bandwagon and trying to sell AR lowers and other items at stupid prices. "Why not? Everyone else is doing it, and I'd be dumb to sell at lower prices" is their reasoning - yet they don't think of their reputation and sense of community. To each his or her own, I suppose.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never did order any of that from Cabellas. Probably should, but I'm in pretty good shape 7.62x39-wise. The classifieds here are hard to look at anymore. Hell, even had a local gun store try to break out the twig and berrries on me yesterday with an outrageous price, so I'll put that place on my KMA list, too. People need to keep track of those who are trying to take advantage of the situation, and treat them accordingly in better times.

Not a "crybaby" post - just observation.

FenixTxM3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the Cabela's deal increased in price. Now its $5.99 per box of 20. Thats $50 extra per 1k. my order still says in process, I hope I don't get any problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom