High end AR’s, diminishing returns, and reliability.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
your right down the street and im going to snake creek this weekend come on!
Wish I could this weekend. Have to work. I’m not one to poopoo low end stuff, but I have experienced higher end stuff, and generally it’s worth the money. Have several jp barrel kits and some larue stuff. They are top notch.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet I can piss farther and longer than you.
We’re about to fight. Or piss. Or sword fight? One way or the other, conflict is about to happen for these words.
Fun ill shoot with anyone! all my old junk guns have done me well.
The entire purpose of this build isn't for fun though, I want to build something I can trust my life with to be reliable and accurate when needed, not to show up with a backwards gas tube.
Wish I could this weekend. Have to work. I’m not one to poopoo low end stuff, but I have experienced higher end stuff, and generally it’s worth the money. Have several jp barrel kits and some larue stuff. They are top notch.
Man I keep drooling over a deal with a 20” Larue barrel, I really wouldn’t mind making a loooooong predator rifle. But all my gun money has been spent on the current build.

Last edited:

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’re about to fight. Or piss. Or sword fight? One way or the other, conflict is about to happen for these words.

The entire purpose of this build is t for fun though, I want to build something I can trust my life with to be reliable and accurate when needed, not to show up with a backwards gas tube.

Man I keep drooling over a deal with a 20” Larue barrel, I really wouldn’t mind making a loooooong predator rifle. But all my gun money has been spent on the current build.
Larue match grade uppers are a good deal to start with.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The entire purpose of this build is t for fun though, I want to build something I can trust my life with to be reliable and accurate when needed, not to show up with a backwards gas tube.

Exactly I stake my life on any gun in my cabinet good point!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, perhaps a monetary wager on group size? At let's say around 200 yds? Side by side, no "I'll send pictures". Minimum 5 shot group, but I'd prefer 10. You can bring your bone stock Bear Creek and I'll bring my "mid range" Armalite Prairie Dog rifle, or a J.P. your choice. The amount should be large enough to sting a little for the vanquished. This is a friendly offer and calls none of your claims into question

@Bocephus123 and @Camo

Take it to the range and put some real money on it. Let us all know when and where for some good side bets.
I believe the metric stated from both individuals that the measure of a high-end vs just good enough was basically group size and not counting any other factors into what makes guns good, mediocre, or meh.

So I think it would be cheap guns vs good guns, then those two can duke it out over the BCAs and entry PSAs. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom