High end AR’s, diminishing returns, and reliability.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
personally, i like him. weve met up a couple of times to buy and sell and hes always been pleasant to deal with. i hope the ban isnt permanent either. he was more than willing to help me out with my issue with BCA when he didnt have to.

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this thread just won’t die, I’ll bring up another AR topic.

How many of you guys (whether you shoot a high end gun or a poverty pony) actually take the time to tune your rifle to get the best out of it? I’m talking tuning the gas, adjusting the BCG weight, adjusting the buffer weight/spring rate, and even creating a custom load for your system.

I love taking a stock rifle and throwing whatever ammo in it and shooting the crap out of it, but I’m telling you it’s a whole different ball game shooting a finally tuned machine.

wDoty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got a few KAC uppers but honestly I think there are fairly equivalent options for half the price. It’s absolutely a diminishing returns thing. Honestly if anything I’m considering selling off my KACs and just going G for my ‘really nice’ ARs. I tend to prefer them. Being cheaper is just a bonus.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this thread just won’t die, I’ll bring up another AR topic.

How many of you guys (whether you shoot a high end gun or a poverty pony) actually take the time to tune your rifle to get the best out of it? I’m talking tuning the gas, adjusting the BCG weight, adjusting the buffer weight/spring rate, and even creating a custom load for your system.

I love taking a stock rifle and throwing whatever ammo in it and shooting the crap out of it, but I’m telling you it’s a whole different ball game shooting a finally tuned machine.
IMG_20231203_171236695~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom