9mm 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also in the market for a 1911 in 9mm.

Damn near any STI can be had in 9mm, same thing with Dan Wesson. For stuff that is ready to go off the shelf, hard to beat the Springfield RO in 9mm for it's price/performance ratio. However if you intend to carry it you will likely want to change out that rear sight, or bleed, your call. The S&W 9mm Pro 1911 has all the features I want on any 1911 I would have. Which I could best sum up as a "TRP" feature set. If the TRP was offered in 9mm I'd buy that.

The S&W 9mm pro is the only 1911 I've found in 9mm that has this feature set out of the box. The only thing I would change are the sights. The RO would be a cheaper entry level to upgrade later on and the S&W comes with everything I want right up front. Truth be told I'll probably end up with the S&W 9mm Pro.

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After shooting and carrying a Browning HiPower in 9mm for years, I bought a RIA Compact Tactical in 9mm. It is my edc now. It is a very accurate gun and a great value for the money.

Jango8753

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kimber Aegis, love it, never had an issue. it's my wifes carry/safe queen (thats another issue) very accurate, nice and small.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I find a 9mm 1911 an abomination but I definitely recommend STI. STI makes fantastic guns, you may have to wait a couple months to get one but well worth the money and the time in my opinion. I love my Elektra, it's a .45acp but I'd buy an STI in any caliber without a second thought. The STI Perfect Ten (10mm) and the STI Nitro Ten (10mm) are two on my "wow, those are nice, wish I had one!" list.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$329 shipped:
Citadel CIT9MMFSP 1911 Full Size 9+1 9mm 5"

I was really considering this one yesterday....then the mail arrived. Found out that my insurance isn't helping with my last dental procedure (fillings - who'da thunk it) and I have to pay every penny out of pocket. It's more than this pistol would have cost...
I saw that and was considering it for sure. Just gotta hope they still have one at the end of the month when i get my bonus.