A mechanic in Claremore,Adair, Foyl, area to put brakes on a car with 95000 miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've replaced two calipers on vehicles that I've/we've owned, ever. That's a couple dozen vehicles, probably between million and million and a half miles total.
Looks like the parts store, is trying to sell as many parts as possible. Imagine that.

Calipers are not wear items and do not normally need replaced. The exceptions might be for a vehicle up north that is exposed to considerable salt contamination, being in an accident or having a million abusive miles on them and the seals are deteriorated.

Are her brakes making noise or is her steering wheel pulsating when she applies the brakes? If not, there is a very good chance the vehicle only needs pads, probably just the front as 60-80% of the braking is accomplished by the front brakes pads and they usually see the most wear.

If she wants, she can come by the house Saturday morning and I can pull a front and rear wheel to inspect the brakes. Then she can order the parts she needs. I’m just south of Claremore.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just providing some context to why shops might be charging 800-1k for a brake job. A simple pad replacement and fluid change shouldn’t be that expensive. On the other hand, I can understand why a shop might want to replace everything in one go, and that’s basically to cover their a**.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the parts store, is trying to sell as many parts as possible. Imagine that.

Calipers are not wear items and do not normally need replaced. The exceptions might be for a vehicle up north that is exposed to considerable salt contamination, being in an accident or having a million abusive miles on them and the seals are deteriorated.

Are her brakes making noise or is her steering wheel pulsating when she applies the brakes? If not, there is a very good chance the vehicle only needs pads, probably just the front as 60-80% of the braking is accomplished by the front brakes pads and they usually see the most wear.

If she wants, she can come by the house Saturday morning and I can pull a front and rear wheel to inspect the brakes. Then she can order the parts she needs. I’m just south of Claremore.
Yeah definitely a sales tactic

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Turning rotors and just replacing the pads, while less expensive, usually leads to warped rotors, noise, pedal pulsation, and premature pad wear. That being said, Ill sell her the parts at my cost and do the labor for free. I'm in Owasso. I own Bruski Autotechnik Call me 918-407-6298
never made sense to me why turning rotors was less expensive. i myself have a "power tool charge" wherein anything i have to turn on that might hurt me makes the client pay. i would never put something on the lathe for cheaper than a replacement (if the part was cheap and easy to get), but i understand shops are all pretty much automated at this point. at least the big chain shops.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try Price Automotive on old 66.
Well Price Automotive in Claremore gave her a good deal. Thanks Podman for the tip. He told her the rears could go another year and the fronts were the only ones that needed attention. Now the lady did not give specifics on what Price was going to do but 168$ was his GOOD news for her.
This thread has sure brought out the good in so many people on this site. She told me to tell each of you how touched she was by peoples interest in seeking help for her. I think Price has scheduled her for next Wednesday to do the work.
Thank you guys , u r the best!👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Price Automotive in Claremore gave her a good deal. Thanks Podman for the tip. He told her the rears could go another year and the fronts were the only ones that needed attention. Now the lady did not give specifics on what Price was going to do but 168$ was his GOOD news for her.
This thread has sure brought out the good in so many people on this site. She told me to tell each of you how touched she was by peoples interest in seeking help for her. I think Price has scheduled her for next Wednesday to do the work.
Thank you guys , u r the best!👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏
They did her right it sounds

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turning rotors and just replacing the pads, while less expensive, usually leads to warped rotors, noise, pedal pulsation, and premature pad wear. That being said, Ill sell her the parts at my cost and do the labor for free. I'm in Owasso. I own Bruski Autotechnik Call me 918-407-6298
I'll remember this if something needs done to my vehicles that is over my level of expertise. We need more places like this that are willing to sacrifice for a new customer in need!👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom