A mechanic in Claremore,Adair, Foyl, area to put brakes on a car with 95000 miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 76 yr old h s classmate with bone Cancer that needs a brake job on her 95000 mile suv, a Toyota I think, so she can get to and from chemo treatments. She got one estimate of 1100+$šŸ˜±. She has funds to a point to get this done but 1100+$ is not in the picture.

If anyone knows a mechanic in the Claremore, Foyl , or Adair area that could be recommended it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! That seems really inflated. Might check with some of the Tulsa area outreach programs. I dont know specifically but there are one or two Okc volunteer shops that do that type of work for people.
Ill see if I can find one in Okc that might know of someone up that way

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try getting touch with these people tomorrow, they just may be able to put you in contact with someone who can help.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With most modern vehicles, unless your friends last name is Unser or she hand painted the number 3 on the doors the brakes might not be in as bad as a condition as one was led to believe when they were provided the shop repair estimate. (I am assuming she is first owner)
If my ankle werenā€™t still wrapped up from the bone graft I would swap out the parts if she would bring a slushee from sonic. Wouldnā€™t take but a couple hours. Sheesh $1100 bucks is class 8 territory for a steer axle job.
FJB and his supporters

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep happens a lot my son had his car in for a sensor came back with a cheap $20 dollar wheel sensor from china can't even find anyone that sells the brand a torn CV boot . it was not like that because i had just been under it. $650 for bill abs light still coming on and wanted more money to look at again. damm if i ever take another car in.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Toyota brakes are a pain in the back side. I did a buddy a favor doing his. He got a $900 estimate for his tundra. That included rotors that he didn't need. I think it cost him about 100 buck for front and rear pads and a 12 pack for labor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom