A Poll - Why Do You Hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why Do You Hunt? - Public Vote / Multiple Choice

• Total voters

JP0212

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing beats walking alone in the woods or sitting in a tree stand all by my lonesome. Funny, I sit in the doctors office for 30 minutes and feel like I am gonna go crazy, but sitting in a tree stand for 4 hours is heaven.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with all the above.
Its a time for me to be by with myself, no distraction, no cell, no computer, nothing....Me and the woods/waters.
I love venison. Others do too, and I use my season to help those that need help with some fresh protein.

I hunt because its in my soul.

osugrads

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have just started hunting. I never really had an opportunity since I was raised by a single mom and dad never really ask me. So i decided to create memories for myself and my kids. there is not much peace and quite with an 11yr old and 6yr olds, but there is a huge amount of peacefullness that comes over you when you realize you are setting the ground work for your kids to be able to pull memories from childhood and say my dad use to take me hunting. I don't have that, but want my kids to have the choice of having that memory.

Tango Chaser

New to the site!
Reaction score
I didnt climb to the top of th foodchain to eat vegtables and ive been doing it fot 40 years why stop now i say..... I also spend a lot of time hunting predators (coyotes) unless a cat walks into my crosshairs.....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
All of the above, and my enjoyment in the woods is only enhanced by rain, and the more rain the better, the more rain the more mud and the muddier it is the numbers of road hunters will be reduced to almost zero.:woohoo1:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the above + it makes me feel alive and part of this world.
You don't get that sitting in your recliner watching the tube...

joe11young

Marksman
Reaction score
All of the above, plus it takes me back to my younger days when my Dad took me hunting. He died 20 years ago this past January. Now, I take my son who is seven and tell him about the adventures his Grandpa and I had when I was his age. I swear, he remembers every detail of every hunt we've been on so far. That's the good stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom