A question for the physics folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers. I wasn't trying to imply being hit by a lift truck was equivalent to being hit by a person going 8 mph. I was trying to impress upon my coworkers that if they hit something immovable while driving a clamp truck the effect upon their body is still pretty impressive. I've got a decent sized dent in my forehead when a bale I was totin' snagged on a rail dock plate and stopped me. I couldn't have been going more than 5mph, since I'd only driven no more than 3 or 4 feet. My head hit the headache rack. My ball cap probably prevented a doctor visit for stitches.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you give to many numbers and talk about examples most employees let it go in one ear and out the other. Look on the interwebz for pics of bodily damage and show those. It will stick with the employee longer.

For example: I could tell you about a guy who stuck his hand in a bad spot and smashed his hand. Fingers were literally 2 inches wide and probably doubled in length.

If I showed you a pic of his hand, you would remember it.

No, it would not be legal for me to put the pic on the internet because of the position I hold. (Volunteer Fireman)

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Maths_zpsf3b0f9fe.jpg

There.

Somebody forgot to account for the frictional coefficient,..... Haha!! Just kidding. Very nice! Pi are square,... cake are round !!!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite....32ft/sec squared is an acceleration, not a velocity. Terminal velocity is determined by the objects mass and surface area since the gravitational constant remains....well, constant.

Correct. I was taking into account the fact that a person wouldn't start falling at 32fps/ps. Gravity is a constant, but not instant. You don't start falling at 32fps, 2.14 would seem correct if we moved at 32fps... More maths today

Latest posts

Top Bottom