A threat from a coworker....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, took the cap off, there's nothing inside. :(

Haven't dealt with this kind of thing in a long time, but way back they used to dimple the tubes so that the base of another shell couldn't slide past. Look around the tube and see if there is somewhere that it looks like it has a small dent(probably a couple of them). You'll have to drive a rod the same size as the tube down there to push them back out.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I won't be doing much customizing... I did see one pistol-grip that said for 1200/1300/1400... but didn't specify Winchester. I'm assuming it would work. But a pistol grip stock with a 30" barrel isn't my idea of a good time, lol.

Oh well.... it'll do for now, it was the right price at the time, and if it's really a much reduced recoil due to the compensation design, then the wife might not mind shooting it.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't dealt with this kind of thing in a long time, but way back they used to dimple the tubes so that the base of another shell couldn't slide past. Look around the tube and see if there is somewhere that it looks like it has a small dent(probably a couple of them). You'll have to drive a rod the same size as the tube down there to push them back out.

Not in this case. It is a permanent 2+1 capacity unless you are up to redesigning the entire gas recoil system and probably most of the other parts as well.

I suspect that is the main reason this shotgun was not more popular and resale value is quite low for a semi-auto 12 gauge. In comparison, the gas recoil parts are on the outside of the Remington 1100 mag tube so it holds more in stock condition and can be extended easily.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suggesting a glock 40 for a new shooter is just cruel unless the intention is that she never touches another handgun in her life. They have too much recoil and muzzle flip for a new shooter.

you are kidding right? Full size weapon wouldn't be bad at all. fwiw, the OP bought a small .40 for her anyway.

5MinuteMajor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NEF Pardner Pump is far and away better parts, and a higher quality action than Mossberg 500's and Maverick 88's. And would you believe it, they can be had for as little as $180 from Bud's. IMHO, they are easily equivalent to a Rem 870, with the only exception being the finish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom